Zenbook cpu power package drops from 15 watts to 8 watts for no reason(throttlestop)

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by sebito72, Jun 5, 2020.

1. sebito72

sebito72

Hello there,

Something strange happen to my Asus zenbook, a few week ago I decided to used Throttlestop to undervolted the cpu, 8550U, I managed to get .100mv down, the 4 cores was running at 2300mhz average puling out 15 watts, I did various test on Cenibench R4 and the results were consistent.....
    Yesterday I found my laptop to be a little sluggish sometimes so I decided to check up with throttlestop and now I am running the 4 cores at maximum tdp of 8 watts at 1900mhz to my surprise.... without the undervolt applied the cores are running at 1500mhz at 8 watts...
    I cannot manage to run the cpu at the default 15 watts as it use to run, can someone could help me to reset the cpu power package to 15 watts or indicate me where I could find related infos?

Thank you in advance

sebito72, Jun 5, 2020
Ask a Question