Zen V Plus (Creative) MP3 Player..problem wiith install

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jkjk222, Sep 18, 2009.

1. jkjk222

jkjk222

Hello. I've used the Zen V Plus for a couple of years, on XP and Vista machines...everything works very well. I've now purchased an AOA 150, and am going nuts trying to get the machine to recognize the device. I've spent a lot of time on the Creative forums, and have tried all sorts of tricks. Have also tried my wife's installation cd (for the same device), but it won't work either. The software all seems to install to the Acer just fine, but it always fails to lock onto the device. For those familiar with that particular device, it SHOULD "LOCK" when the usb cable is connected to the device....but on the Acer, there's no "lock". Device manager continues to show that the driver(s) aren't installed!!!! Any suggestions? They'd be much appreciated.....BTW, MS Streets and Trips (2009) is working fine on the Acer, with a little usb plug in GPS receiver (Holux)....I love the Acer.....

jkjk222, Sep 18, 2009
  2. jkjk222

jkjk222

9/27/09---SOLVED!!!! I didn't realize I had to have the latest WMP (ver. 11) installed before putting the Creative software on. I Updated WMP, and now Creative Media Explorer installed just fine, and my new Acer AOA 150 recognizes it.

jkjk222, Sep 27, 2009
  3. jkjk222

janss

I deleted your double posting from General Discussion, one thread per issue is quite enough.

janss, Sep 28, 2009
Ask a Question