Yum Repositories Not Responding

Discussion in 'Linux' started by notfad3away, Jun 8, 2009.

1. notfad3away

notfad3away

Hi All,

I am running the pre-installed Fedora 8 Linpus Lite on my AAO. A few weeks ago I was a bit curious about Pirut and the way repositories worked, so I ticked all the available repositories in the Pirut Settings window :eek: . However, now I am having major issues updating and installing with Yum, both in Pirut & the Terminal. Every update or install stalls at some point in the process.

Anyone have any ideas? I tried to clear the yum cache, manually change repository values from "1" to "0", and still this problem persists. Relatively new at the Linux game, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Nick

notfad3away, Jun 8, 2009
  2. notfad3away

RockDoctor

Fedora 8 has reached its end-of-life; if you're trying to connect to a Fedora 8 repository, you may be out of luck. It may be that you can find a Fedora 8 mirror that is still active; check out http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/8/i386/. You'll have to edit (as root) either /etc/yum.conf or the appropriate file in /etc/yum.repos.d

RockDoctor, Jun 8, 2009
Ask a Question