yum not working anymore

Discussion in 'Linux' started by stuvxz, Feb 18, 2009.

1. stuvxz

stuvxz

Could someone help me on this:

1. yum is not able to get to the repo anymore, says "Could not retrieve mirrorlist"; "Cannot retrieve repository metadata";

2. The add/remove app included in Linpus does not work as well... says: "unable to retrive software info";

How to solve this manually? Cannot make Live Updates or else I will lose some apps I need, e.g., NetworkManager Applet 0.7.0, et c.

3. Before it was possible to add to Xarchiver the possibility to deal with .RAR files. Can't do it now anymore, any suggestions?

[AcerOne 110 + Linpus];

Thanks.

stuvxz, Feb 18, 2009
  2. stuvxz

Darryl

Darryl, Feb 18, 2009
  3. stuvxz

stuvxz

Thanks Darryl. But no, I had tried that already... Both yum and Add/Remove app are stuck:

[root@localhost ~]# yum update
    Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://rpm.livna.org/mirrorlist error was
    [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution')>
    Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: livna. Please verify its path and try again.

I have not made any changes recently or installed anything that would make yum behave this way... I am lost here.

stuvxz, Feb 19, 2009
  4. stuvxz

Gaer Boy

I think I saw somewhere that livna.org was dead, and you should remove it from the list of repositories.

It's my memory only, so don't quote me.

Gaer Boy, Feb 19, 2009
  5. stuvxz

3ld468

Yum is not dead but it seems that livna is. Apparently, much of its repository has been merged with rpmfusion so try:-
    Code:
    sudo rpm -Uvh [url]http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm[/url]
    before using yum.

Mike

3ld468, Feb 19, 2009
  6. stuvxz

Darryl

Weird..
    I tried to install deluge via the package manager and it wouldnt work at all, so i did it via yum. Yum had to try another mirror then installed it no prob. This then appeared to kick the package manager back into working perfectly well... :twisted:

Darryl, Feb 23, 2009
Ask a Question