YouTube Partners With GoPro; Will Soon Support HDR Videos

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

[​IMG]

YouTube Chief Business Officer, Robert Kyncl, at the ongoing CES 2016 trade show announced that the popular video portal is partnering with action camera maker GoPro. He also announced that YouTube will soon support HDR videos.

The company will be collaborating with GoPro to bring more 360-degree video content to the platform. At the event CEO and founder of GoPro Nick Woodman said that it is planning to release a "casual" spherical capture camera soon to create more YouTube content.

"We can leverage traditional content to market a VR-viewing experience. It's not either-or; it can be both," he added. "You can imagine a future where perhaps on the GoPro channel on YouTube, every piece of content we shoot is available in traditional format and VR to help raise awareness of it."

Kyncl in addition said that YouTube will support high dynamic range (HDR) videos. HDR videos by using more than one exposure level are said to deliver better colour depth and detail, apart from better contrast and more vivid colours. It is worth mentioning that YouTube is following Amazon and Netflix in the race to support HDR videos. Of course, to view HDR videos in their entire colour gamut and original contrast ratio, you'll need a display that supports it - a feature most major TV manufacturers unveiled at CES 2016 this year.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/internet/ne...ith-gopro-will-soon-support-hdr-videos-787273

Sefie, Jan 8, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

I love YouTube and it is a very useful, helpful and informative place for me to look for anything I want to know more under the rainbow there. Needless to say, there are also very disturbing channels on there as well. With Go-Pro as a partner, I am sure it can only get bigger and better in many areas.

IcyBC, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Sefie

Sefie

Really? What kind of channels do you find disturbing? I am just curious. When I was part of Facebook I found a group that it was incredibly disturbing. I reported it so many times, but they never did anything about it... that group shared some really disturbing things. No idea if it's still there, I truly hope is not, that group was surely offensive to all of as humans... which is to say a lot and no, I am not exaggerating. I don't want to imagine what kind of ''person'' ran that group.

Sefie, Jan 10, 2016
  4. Sefie

IcyBC

The disturbing things are young girls wearing skimpy clothing and acted sexy, which gave out a bad image. I am sure these sorts of channels will never get weeded out because the reality is that people do like to watch or seeing things like that! YouTube will make money with traffic so I don't think they will do anything about it, unless a big company threatened them with lawsuits such as the movie companies.

IcyBC, Jan 11, 2016
  5. Sefie

Sefie

Oh, I see? Kinda like the Paris Hilton TV show, but with wannabe YouTube celebs? I think I kind of know a channel like that and is quite popular... it's an ASMR channel, but that girl does and wears things that are highly suggestive. You'd not believe how the serious ASMRers there bash her, because they think she is just a joke. I agree, so incredibly vulgar! But boy do guys love her.

Sefie, Jan 16, 2016
  6. Sefie

IcyBC

Almost everyone I know now have a GoPro, and pretty soon everyone will have a GoPro(essional) epidemic, lol..Technology is a great thing; ordinary people can now take over the jobs of professionals :)

IcyBC, Jan 16, 2016
Ask a Question