Your urgent help needed - computer not working!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Inspector Gadget, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Inspector Gadget

Inspector Gadget

I was surfing the web when my computer froze. It would not respond to anything so I had to pull out the battery. I turned it on again and it booted up. Everything works fine except wifi or lan. The icon/network center won't load. I have tried to start network center from the advanced menu bit it won't start/load.

I sold my Mac yesterday and ordered the new 27 inch iMac but it won't arrive until nov 16th... that's 2 weeks. I did not make a backup of Linux Linpus so I can't make a fresh install. I'm now stuck with a computer without Internet access.

I'm writing this on my iPhone.

HELP!

Inspector Gadget, Nov 2, 2009
  2. Inspector Gadget

Inspector Gadget

I'm going to smash this f-cking piece of crap computer to pieces when I get my Mac and I will film it and upload to Youtube. I will NEVER buy Acer crap again!

Inspector Gadget, Nov 2, 2009
  3. Inspector Gadget

newbymick

Got a link to the you tube ;)

Got the CD that came with the Acer - you should have. Boot the CD and make a bootable USB stick. Re-install Linpus

or

Download Ubuntu netbook remix

newbymick, Nov 23, 2009
  4. Inspector Gadget

RockDoctor

If you haven't smashed it yet, I'll swap you your Aspire One for my old E-Machines Desktop that you can smash.

RockDoctor, Nov 29, 2009
Ask a Question