Your Facebook.com Email Address Will Stop Working on May 1

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Facebook back in 2012 introduced its @facebook.com emailing service. The service didn't really catch on with users however, and in two years, the social network shut it down. However, it still let users redirect messages sent to their @facebook.com email to another email service. The social media giant however, has now decided to completely retire the @facebook.com email address, and says it will not redirect @facebook.com emails starting May 1.

"After May 1, 2016, you will no longer be able to receive email sent to [[email protected]]. Please update your email address for any services that currently send email to [[email protected]]," said the firm in a message that the social media giant sends to the ones with redirected emails.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/social-netw...ail-address-will-stop-working-on-may-1-827158

Sefie, Apr 18, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

I don't bother using Facebook email since I wasn't active on it. I only check in for messages from my son who worked on a cruise ship over sea. Now, I do it daily, but only for a few minutes at a time. I don't like staying long on Facebook :)

IcyBC, Apr 18, 2016
  3. Sefie

FenWoFon

I personally did not even know that you were able to use that facebook email as an actual e-mail, however I would not care about it whatsoever because I only use outlook and gmail, I did not really see facebook's email as something trustable or as good as the other ones I just mentioned, that is my opnion though.

FenWoFon, Apr 18, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Sefie

oraclemay

I am OK with this as I don't use a Facebook email address and was not even aware that one existed. I have always used Gmail which I find exceptionally reliable.

oraclemay, Apr 18, 2016
  5. Sefie

Sefie

I never really used it as an e-mail either, but I was aware it could be used as such ;) Not many people was aware of this I guess this is the main reason it's disappearing. I don't even use Facebook... for a really long time, lol.

Sefie, Apr 21, 2016
  6. Sefie

Sefie

We are a minority ;) But the people who actually use the Facebook e-mail actively are also a minority ;) I quit using Facebook a long time ago, so I don't have to worry about anything related to Facebook. I used to be active to it and man, was it a time drain! Glad you control the time you spend there.

Sefie, Apr 21, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  7. Sefie

Sealpikachu

I was not aware you could do that! I am sure glad I did not though since I am super forgetful. I can barely remember my email passwords, let alone a new one. It is kind of sad that people are getting it shut down though.

Sealpikachu, Apr 21, 2016
  8. Sefie

Corzhens

Like the others here, I am not using the Facebook email address. I have my own email. By the way, I have read that yahoo is on the way out with their offer to sell. And there are prospective buyers like Verizon and some other big online corporations. My question is what would happen to our email in yahoo? Maybe it will continue if the company is bought. But if it closes down?

Corzhens, Apr 21, 2016
  9. Sefie

Krissttina Isobe

Thanks for the information. I don't use facebook too for my email, but it's very good to know what's going on!

Krissttina Isobe, Apr 22, 2016
  10. Sefie

acer93

Thanks god, right?
    I always had problems with it, people sending me stuff onto m facebook email but somehow I could never access it. I think it all stated as a great idea, but somehow nobody used it, in my knowledge.

acer93, Apr 23, 2016
  11. Sefie

seupaulo

I really do not think anyone ever used Facebook email....not even Facebook employees. Anyway, thank you for the news.

seupaulo, Apr 27, 2016
  12. Sefie

Novelangel

I not only do not use the Facebook email, I long ago canceled the email address that it used. They bothered me about this for years and then suddenly shut up about it a few months back. I wondered why, but was glad that they had finally stopped pestering me to use a different email. Since so very few people ever used it, there's no sense in keeping it going, and Facebook finally figured that out. Most people use that particular social media on their phones these days anyway, so the site can just download information directly to you wherever you happen to be. This is why my stupid phone constantly sings out, "you've got mail" and I jump up to check it only to find out it's from Facebook because I forgot to log out. Always remember to log out of the site when you are done with it, or your phone will drive you crazy.

Novelangel, Apr 30, 2016
Ask a Question