Yet another BIOS flashing article (macles please read)

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by scottro, Oct 23, 2008.

1. scottro

scottro

As I write a lot of documentation for beginners, and have, (IMHO) gotten moderately good at realizing what they don't understand, I made my own elaboration of macles' guide to flashing the BIOS. It's entirely based upon his excellent instructions, it just gives more detail for the newcomer.

Macles, if you do take the time to read it, I'd like to put on the page that you have seen and approved of it.
    It's at
    http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/biosflash.html

scottro, Oct 23, 2008
  2. scottro

organisys

Hello, I flashed my AA1 110 running Win XP last night. Was having problems booting from the USB drive.

Tried 2 drives, with Unetbootin and FreeDOS as described by Macles. In the end I decided to use Windows to format one of the USB sticks first with FAT32 and then run unetbootin again to install FreeDOS, I then rebooted the AA1 and it booted fine from the stick.

Please add a line to your guides suggesting those of us using Windows format their USB sticks using the AA1.

organisys, Oct 23, 2008
  3. scottro

scottro

Thank you for the feedback, I've added the note. (Also adding that that implies someone will have the foresight to prepare a USB stick in advance of desperate need.) :) I also added that you found it only worked for you after formatting the drive with FAT32 rather than FAT16.

Thanks again.

scottro, Oct 23, 2008
  4. scottro

Yaniel

saved my brick! thanks

Yaniel, Nov 5, 2008
  5. scottro

alexabcd

I flashed my AAo but something went wrond and now I can't use it because I can see only a black screen when I boot.
    I tryed the Macles Method to recovery and restore the bios and it doesn't work!

CAN YOU HELP ME?

alexabcd, Jan 8, 2009
  6. scottro

sht0rm

I flash my BIOS today, and acer not reboot after flashing. After manual reboot - black screen. Macles method recovery flashing bios didn`t help, trying 3 different flash drives (fat16, fat32) nothing helps. My acer not accessing the flash drive in recovery mode :(

sht0rm, Jun 7, 2009
  7. scottro

rarebook

link to original macles article says page not found

rarebook, Jun 18, 2009
Ask a Question