Yeah! Microcenter had 1GB/120GB/XP/Blue in stock!

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by brentm3, Sep 6, 2008.

1. brentm3

brentm3

I've been through a rough week of placing phantom-like-orders with BB, running to BB stores that had them "in transit" only to find they were pre-sold, etc etc...Then this morning I stumbled upon http://www.microcenter.com - they claimed to have 66 in stock in Westmont, IL.

I called, they said they are both mail-order and retail, so I had them pull one aside, made the 90 minute trek and sure enough, they came through, at $349 + tax. It's a nice little retail establishment, the guy behind the counter told me they just don't run many newspaper ads.

I'm not affiliated with microcenter in any way, just wanted to share this win with other people who are doing the Best Buy call-a-thon trying to locate one! Hope this isn't against the rules.

Brent

brentm3, Sep 6, 2008
  2. brentm3

esperado

Yeah, I checked and my Microcenter just got 127 more in stock. Seems like since the price drop these things have been flying off the shelves, a couple days ago they went from like 175 to 0. I'd get one, but I'm going to wait a little while for the 6 cell battery.

esperado, Sep 7, 2008
  3. brentm3

black lab

I have a success story with Acer One available at the Micro Center. Three days ago I purchased my Acer Once 1GB /120GB/ XP /Blue at Micro center at Columbus. OH. At 11.00 AM on that day I did the purchasing on the Web for picking the package at the store. In an hour or so I got the e-mail informing me that the package awaits me at the store. Luckily for me, it is the store with just 20 min.drive from my home. It was easy for me to pick up the package and to rushed back home for un-boxing the Acer One.
    And I am happy with this machine, which is eclipsing my other mini-notebook, Eee PC 701.

black lab, Sep 7, 2008
  4. brentm3

dattaway

A Microcenter is down the street from me in Kansas. They have a pallet of Acer Ones. All in blue. I just bought another for my daughter.

dattaway, Sep 7, 2008
  5. brentm3

john_nj

I bought mine from the Microcenter in New Jersey. Seems like the only place you can actually walk out the door with an AA1.

I wish they'd open one closer to me (it's a 50 mile round trip) but I'm glad that there's at least somewhere that I can go for computer stuff since CompUSA imploded.

John

john_nj, Sep 7, 2008
  6. brentm3

mountainjoe69

Thanks for the tip brentm3, got 2 from the Westmont Microcenter 45 left after I got mine. They have a nice store there, people where helpful, friendly and not aggressive with the extended warranty.

mountainjoe69, Sep 8, 2008
  7. brentm3

SESummers

Same here- it's over 90 miles round trip for me - almost an hour each way. Fortunately, I have a nearing 16 year old son who is working on his "50 hours of logged driving time" to get his driver's license. We have to go somewhere, so we checked out the MicroCenter. (The store is AWESOME - far better than the old CompUSA that was 20 miles each way.) The salesman there said the store was selling 20-25 AA1s per day. They expect the 6 cell version before the end of the month, so I'll be going back soon. :)

SESummers, Sep 8, 2008
  8. brentm3

gary c

I wish I could they could ship it like most other products on their webiste. My nearest Microcenter is 4 hours away. I guess they make it in-store only to bring customers through the door. :cry:

gary c, Sep 9, 2008
Ask a Question