XxX 10.5.6 runs well - sound + hibernate issue

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by harryj, Feb 28, 2009.

1. harryj

harryj

Just installed Leopard 10.5.6 on my aspire 150, OSX runs well and relatively swifty. Noticed a problem which I couldn't find a solution for. I installed the sound drivers as in the guide, however notice that when the driver loads, the netbook puts out a hiss from the speakers. This cannot be fixed by turning down the volume. Anyone use different drivers that do not produce this noise?

Also, anyone get hibernate or sleep working on the aspire one? Right now, no hibernate or no sleep eats the battery if I leave the computer unattended.

harryj, Feb 28, 2009
  2. harryj

chuckcalo

It's only working on the iPC distro.

chuckcalo, Feb 28, 2009
  3. harryj

harryj

That sucks about the hibernate. I think it is the main thing that will force me to keep WinXP on my netbook. Sleep/Hibernate is too important!

Also -- anyone have luck getting the mic in to work? Trying to use it with iChat, skype, etc.
    Thanks

harryj, Mar 1, 2009
  4. harryj

SpiceWare

I had the same hiss issue - go to the Sound Input prefs and change the input source to something else.

SpiceWare, Mar 1, 2009
Ask a Question