XP Install - ntkrnlmp.exe error assistance ?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Funkyfreddy, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Funkyfreddy

Funkyfreddy

Howdo folks,

New AAO user here having picked one up last night. 512MB, 160GB

Looking to replace Linux with XP as I have one application that on the face of it won't run easily under Linux so swapping to XP (or VISTA) seems the easier option !

Followed instrutions to use a USB stick - all went without a hitch until I then rebooted to start XP install, after selecting the Txt mode setup I seem to hit a brick wall and receive:

File \$WIN_NT$. ~BT\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded.
    The error code is 7

After a quick search there its not something new with some XP installations but I don't seem to find specific mention on here or elsewhere to it happening on a AAO.

Just wonder if anybody might be able to shed any light as to the specific reasons and what I might be able to do ?

Could it be my USB stick is the problem or perhaps due to me using a Dell XP "reinstallation" XP disk ?

Any help appreciated
    Rgds
    Freddy

Funkyfreddy, Jan 17, 2009
  2. Funkyfreddy

goofball

Dell XP normally does a check for the BIOS to see that there is a Dell BIOS installed. Try a real XP CD (retail/OEM but not tied to a manufacturer)

goofball, Jan 17, 2009
  3. Funkyfreddy

Funkyfreddy

Thanks Goofball,

Yep, using an OEM version seemed to solve that one so that would seem to be an issue.

I've hit another wall though now when getting to the GUI part of the setup I end up with an error relating to:

sxs.dll error in file, found in D:\I386\asms\6000\msft\common\controls\controls.man on line 0

ARghh:-(

Thanks
    F.

Funkyfreddy, Jan 18, 2009
Ask a Question