xfce desktop menu editing?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Jack Vermicelli, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Jack Vermicelli

Jack Vermicelli

Unfortunately, it seems the xfce Menu Editor doesn't really do its job that well- for instance, it doesn't allow any modification of or within the Accessories, Games, Graphics, Multimedia, etc. headings ("---include--- system") where shortcuts to installed apps are placed. Looking around on google, I see methods of adding/deleting xfce menu items, but these are generally multi-step, manual-configuration-heavy processes. Is there any fix/alteration of the xfce menu editor helper, or any other easier (hopefully gui-based, as it would be modifying the gui) method for straightening things out?

I wouldn't gripe, except that I still have some of the colored "more" and "back" arrows from the Linpus kiosk desktop hanging around, and Wine likes to throw everything I run through it into the "Other" heading. Editing things like yellow-back.desktop in /usr/share/applications/ with a "NoDisplay=true" (as I read somewhere) doesn't seem to work for the arrows.

Jack Vermicelli, Oct 4, 2008
  2. Jack Vermicelli

Banny706

I have this problem too. Can't seem to find a solution for this. You are no tthe only one who dislikes the default xfce menu and the way programs insert their launchers.

Banny706, Dec 16, 2008
  3. Jack Vermicelli

markh

markh, Dec 16, 2008
Ask a Question