X and a black screen on linpus start

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by carlino13, Jan 16, 2009.

1. carlino13

carlino13

Hello, i'm a new one with the an aspireone.

The problem is that when the OS starts immediately an X and a black screen appears and i can't do anything

I just want to know how to solve this problem, it will be really useful!!!

Thanks for your support!!!!! :mrgreen:

carlino13, Jan 16, 2009
  2. carlino13

mdgo80

I'm in the same ugly place right now, i will try to recover system.

mdgo80, Jan 20, 2009
  3. carlino13

kapinouwi

4. carlino13

triswords

Sounds like one of your files that runs XFCE(I think thats what Linpus uses) is messed up. Im not sure the file setup that linpus uses but have you installed or modified anything recently, especially main system files? This can be caused by a file that was incorrectly modified or a bad driver.

What you are looking at is the X Window System (also called X11). Usually after this point Gnome/XFCE/KDE appears so you wont see it. However somewhere along the line the system is not sure what to do. If it was a bad driver, usually the screen will appear at the minimum resolution available. At least that was my results on my desktop with a Geforce 9600 and a bad driver in Ubuntu. However I am not familiar with Linupus and not sure what exactly could have gone wrong.

You can try to press Ctrl + Atl + Backspace twice at this screen and see if it boots you to a command prompt looking screen (or a full screen terminal if that makes more sense). If you get that you might be able to find something on google that can walk you through fixing it.

Hope that helps a bit. Sorry I cant be more specific.

triswords, Jan 21, 2009
Ask a Question