WWAN missing or Disabled

Discussion in 'Networking' started by gkwolf, Apr 23, 2009.

1. gkwolf

gkwolf

My Acer One 8.9 "" notebook spontaneously has an inability to connect to a 3G network stating the "WWAN is missing or disabled". This happened sometime after 4/16 - as according to the diagnostic that it the last time there was activity on the Qualcom modem. And according to the Modems section it is "not responding". I have only had this unit 3 weeks.

Most vexing is this is the SECOND acer that has done this to me - my first acer did the same thing at about 3 weeks - and I exchanged it. I seems the WWAN dies in the burn in period.

I have reinstalled the 3G drivers - no help.
    I am not a very technically proficient with computers and not sure what else to do? Suggestions.

I ready to return this one too!

gkwolf, Apr 23, 2009
  2. gkwolf

jerryt

Moving the WiFi switch on the front of the computer to the left enables / disables the 3G card.

Sometimes the computer will forget that on last shutdown the 3G was enabled and when restarting the computer the 3G will be disabled.

It is a good practice to check the 3G card status first thing by toggling the switch.

jerryt, Apr 23, 2009
Ask a Question