wrong DHCPRELEASE

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kurtsys, Nov 23, 2008.

1. kurtsys

kurtsys

I send this problem before, but got no reply so far, so I try again.
    viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6958
    I can't get my wireless network to work on the aspire one, most probably because, if I understand well, linpus os tries to get a dhcp-number from 192.168.2.1. However, there is no computer/router/... with that ip-address in my home network. The IP-address of the router is 192.168.19.2. If I connect with my pc (Ubuntu), I get 'DHCPRELASE on wlan0 to 192.168.19.2 port 67'. For some reason, the aspire one (or at least the linpus wireless network driver) tells me 'DHCPRELEASE on ath0 to 192.168.2.1 port 67'. Please, how to solve this, or any clue where I might find any solution? Can I somewhere tell the driver the number of the router? Should the driver be patched?
    Oh yes, I have a fresh install, so nothing fancy etc and I don't do the software-upgrade of Linpus, since that messes up the complete networking software (problems with NetworkManager or something, but that's something to solve later, I suppose).

Thanks a lot!

kurtsys, Nov 23, 2008
Ask a Question