Wireless Problems Connecting WEP64bit - Ubuntu 9.10 PT

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lfogs, Dec 22, 2009.

1. lfogs

lfogs

Wireless Problems Connecting WEP(Wired Equivalent Privacy) 64-bit - encryption shared key Ubuntu 9.10 PT - Aspire One AOA110

First:
    The wireless device is installed it detects all the available wireless connections but when I edit my connection to select WEP, shared key and to insert access key the network connects for seconds and then it goes offline. When I edit connection again the access key field it's empty.

If I search for available wireless networks I do find several nearby but when I select it to connect nothing happens...

I've already made all the updates available to the software expecting that the problem could be solved...

Second:

I've reinstalled Ubuntu 9.10 Portuguese Edition and now I can't even turn on wireless device. Wireless Lan turn on option isn't available anymore.
    I've tried to use the switch near the wi-fi led but nothing happens...

Anyone has solution for this?

A tutorial maybe?
    Now I don't even know if wireless lan device has drivers installed or not...

Help!!!

lfogs, Dec 22, 2009
Ask a Question