wireless network has been disconnected

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by seaner23, Sep 15, 2008.

1. seaner23

seaner23

greetings all, first off let me state friday was the first time i've ever even used linux. i chose it on my aspire one 8gb. as soon as i took it out of the box and fired it up the wireless worked perfectly. it worked all night friday in every room of my house. i woke up saturday tried to fire it up and it keeps saying "the wireless network has been disconnected". it connected for about 5 seconds saturday afternoon and about 5 seconds just 10 minutes ago. i'm sitting right next to my router and it won't connect. it works perfectly when i plug it in and use it wired.

the only thing i changed was i ran the live update friday night. i've tried several times today to use the recovery dvd but i still end up with the same problem. i've searched these forums and the internet for hours this weekend trying to find an answer. does anybody have a solution for me? what would have made it stop working overnight? please, please help a new guy.

seaner23, Sep 15, 2008
  2. seaner23

spvp

Hi,
    Had the same problem. Solved it by switching off all wireless devices in the house including microwave, so also your cordless phone.
    Seems to interact with the wireless signal of your router.
    Hope this helps. Cheers Eric

spvp, Sep 24, 2008
  3. seaner23

seaner23

thanks for the reply. at first i though my wi-fi didn't work period, but i took my acer to the library and a few bookstores and it works like a champ. it must be something with my house. my 17" acer (and my older toshiba) never picks up a signal either, well when i say never i mean it works 1 out of 1,000 times. maybe this weekend i'll try unplugging all my wireless equipment in my house and see if it works. although even if it does that's not gonna be practical as i'm not gonna go unplug all my stuff everytime i wanna sit on the couch and web surf lol.

seaner23, Sep 25, 2008
Ask a Question