Winkawaks

Discussion in 'Windows' started by endlessnameless, Jan 30, 2009.

1. endlessnameless

endlessnameless

I'm not too sure if many people are familiar with this program, but it is an excellent neo geo and capcom cps1+2 game emulator. It runs at full speed with no issues on the aao. You have to tweak the settings a bit because the stock installation settings are less than desired. One thing I have not been able to do is get capcom games to run in full screen mode without crashing. I can maximize the window but it will not go into true full screen mode. Neo geo games run perfect in full screen. It brings back great memories of the arcade games I used to play. If you search your favorite torrent site you can pick up winkawaks with all the neo geo and I think all the capcom roms.

endlessnameless, Jan 30, 2009
  2. endlessnameless

ryoo818

You might want to check out FinalBurn Alpha. It plays cps1/2/3, ng, etc., and it has Kaillera built in for netplay. I've tried it on my a150 and it runs fullscreen flawlessly. It also uses the mame romsets, so that's convenient.

I also highly recommend 2dfighter.com for when you want to get a quick netgame going. No client required, all you need is the appropriate romset, then clik the link on the site.

ryoo818, Jan 30, 2009
  3. endlessnameless

endlessnameless

Thanks for the info on FinalBurn Alpha. I'm going to have to check it out later when I get home. Years back there was a little local arcade that stocked a neo geo cab and had a bunch of the capcom vs series games and my buddy and I used to play those constantly so its good to find quality emulators. I bought a used neo geo game system, but dammit those games are expensive :lol: So I think I'm going to end up selling it and the few games I have and hooking my laptop up to the tv with an emulator and purchase some USB arcade sticks for the true Home arcade experience :D

endlessnameless, Jan 30, 2009
Ask a Question