Windows XP very slow...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by teapot01, Dec 25, 2008.

1. teapot01

teapot01

Hi!

Just installed 512 mb of extra memory, works fine. Then I installed XP from USB-stick. Worked fine after fixing the boot.ini file, so now I can boot it from the ssd.

Problem is that XP feels very slow. It takes about 2 minutes to start, and sometimes it freezes for about 20 sec. I use an nlite version of XP.

Any clue what the problem is? Or should I expect XP to be slow on this machine?

teapot01, Dec 25, 2008
  2. teapot01

DiSK

Can you search. Everyone is sick of these stupid, repetitive questions.

XP runs slow on the SSD because the SSD is slower than an HDD. Do you understand? This question has been answered like, hundreds of times. These topics are just taking up valuable space, where real questions should be.

Hmm. Maybe you should even try looking at the STICKIES? Man, is that so hard? Do you click the make topic button without even reading anything first? The only friggin' 3 stickies in this forum are all about how to make XP run better on an SSD.

If it sounds like I'm only getting pissed at you, sorry, it's to all these noobs who can't search/read. Me (and many other of the moderators) are getting really annoyed at the amount of useless and already answered questions.

DiSK, Dec 25, 2008
  3. teapot01

treker

teapot...many posts about tweaking XP so that it runs pretty fast. As suggested, do your search.
    My AA1 with an nLited XP runs very well after applying all the tips.

treker, Dec 25, 2008
  4. teapot01

Kei

And il put it in the great words of Red Forman

I, Kei, am a huge Dumb Ass!!

Kei, Dec 26, 2008
  5. teapot01

DiSK

And I'll ban you again. Rewindlabs, you have been banned. What are you still here for? Get out.

DiSK, Dec 26, 2008
  6. teapot01

ca6

Great way to say welcome to a new user :roll: ....just because someone is new to using forums does not make it right to behave like you people do...grow up!

I hope you stay teapot, this place is a great place to learn about the Aspire Ones :) And welcome!

ca6, Dec 26, 2008
  7. teapot01

DiSK

He didn't ask for a welcome. He asked for information that has been given numerous times.

Everyone was new at a time, and when there were only a couple hundred members, there were no stupid questions, because it had just come out. Now, there are such things as stupid questions.

I was not trying to discourage him from coming. If I really wanted to, I could ban him, lol. I am just tired of people asking the same questions, even if it is easy to search, and also look at stickies.

DiSK, Dec 26, 2008
  8. teapot01

ca6

Why not write a friendly reply and explain the search function and say welcome to the guy instead of acting up? You obviously took your time to write a long reply?
    I guess this place is financed by the banners, so new users should be welcomed instead of being met with semi-hostility.

ca6, Dec 26, 2008
  9. teapot01

guycross

I asked a dumass question straight after I installed XP, mainly because I couldn't be bothered trawling through 35+ pages of posts on the "steps to a happy xp experience" thread..

Someone who knows there stuff should post a nice, short, how to speed up xp thread....

If there is one I haven't found it...

Guy

guycross, Dec 27, 2008
  10. teapot01

mexipat

I agree with disK

I'n new here but active oon some other forums and it's frustrating to see the same questions again and again. As new users, we have an obligation to do some research before posting a question.

mexipat, Dec 27, 2008
  11. teapot01

daldred

Translation: I can't be bothered to spend a few minutes looking for stuff, so someone else should spend ages writing it all out again for my benefit.

Of course, in order to find it once it had been done, you'd have to search for it. Oh, wait, that would be a waste of your time, wouldn't it: someone else will have to look out for it and PM you when it's ready for you. Hey, you're using Windows - why not ask Microsoft: you paid them for it, not anyone here.

Sheesh. Anyone got a LART handy?

daldred, Dec 27, 2008
  12. teapot01

carlos_arias1

i too had bad days, it sucks

carlos_arias1, Dec 30, 2008
  13. teapot01

guycross

daldred/David, when you hear people say in passing "it's good to unplug every once in a while".
    There is no need to think you are paranoid, they are talking about you.
    Chill out.

guycross, Dec 30, 2008
  14. teapot01

nmesisca

So.. why dont you take the time to collect all the info and write one instead of expecting to automagically find it there in the morning? ;)

nmesisca, Dec 30, 2008
  15. teapot01

guycross

it's not my area of expertise, I am just a windows user not a developer...
    and I hate windows, I only use because it's so damn functional, I would rather run OSX or Ubuntu on my AAO
    but my windows mobile cellphone doesnt like those two systems... so I have to use XP

guycross, Dec 30, 2008
Ask a Question