Windows XP has lost its activation

Discussion in 'Windows' started by baudwalk, Nov 1, 2008.

1. baudwalk

baudwalk

Hi,

I have installed Unbutu 8.04 and 8.10 without problems - with help from this site. I have now come to install XP and it has been a catastrophe. Once I did get it installed and all the drivers on the system it seemed okay. Until I came to activate it - this went okay but when I next booted the machine it said Windows needed to be activated - needless to say I have used my three lives and I am still having the problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Baudwalk :oops:

baudwalk, Nov 1, 2008
  2. baudwalk

judeh101

Phone acer , or retrieve the key on the bottom, better yet, call microsoft and they can help you

judeh101, Nov 2, 2008
  3. baudwalk

Tamrac

What version of XP did you install? Did you install it on a FAT32 filesystem? Doing so would have made your life much easier on the installation. SSD is so slow on NTFS. What process did you do to activate your XP? Is this a legit copy?

Tamrac, Nov 2, 2008
  4. baudwalk

baudwalk

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Its on FAT32, its legit and it has been activated online and by telephone. When closing down after activation I get a lot of disk activity and then on reboot I am asked to activate before log on - almost as if the 30 day time period had run out. This is a consistent problem - it happens every time. I may have to go back to Ubuntu.

After activation

baudwalk, Nov 2, 2008
Ask a Question