Windows are to big for the screen!

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by CJtech323, May 9, 2009.

1. CJtech323

CJtech323

I have 10.5.5 installed on my AAO and followed the iAtkos install guide and have everything working properly. On some windows though, the bottom of the window extends below the screen and I cant get my pointer to the bottom left corner to make them smaller. An example is in Photobooth, the pictures at the bottom of the window are just below the bottom of the screen. How can I fix this?

CJtech323, May 9, 2009
  2. CJtech323

yohko101

3. CJtech323

rand0m

Hi there. There is another, similar solution. You can change the same setting which that widget sets, but on a per-application basis. This means that no rebooting is required and apps which fit fine can run at normal size while the extra large ones can be scaled down.

First, determine the name of the .plist file associated with the application in question. Look in ~/Library/Preferences (this step can be done with finder if you REALLY don't like using terminal).
    For example, photo booth will have (assuming you've run it once) a file called com.apple.PhotoBooth.plist
    This means that in the next step you would use the name com.apple.PhotoBooth in the command-line

Second, from terminal (sorry, this one must be done from terminal), type:

defaults write com.apple.PhotoBooth AppleDisplayScaleFactor .8
    (and hit enter)

Now start (or restart) photobooth and it should display at 80% size and show the bottom stuff.

This should work for most (all that I've tried) apps. Simply identify the plist file in ~/Library/Preferences and use that name in step 2, without the ".plist".
    Other sizes may be used as well. .8 = 80%... .85 would be 85%, and so on.

Good luck!

rand0m, May 12, 2009
Ask a Question