Windows 8, or Canon Pixma MP140?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by sturrdave, Jun 7, 2014.

1. sturrdave

sturrdave

Can someone please help a pensioner who's just moved to Windows 8, and having problem with my scanner. When trying to scan a document, the preview shows only about a fifth of the sheet, in a white box, with white circles at each corner.

The box can be resized by using one's fingers on the circles, but this does not affect the fact that the display of the document itself remains reduced to about a fifth.

If I go ahead and select the on-screen "scan" button, an error message pops up saying in effect, "There is an error, try again".

I don't know if the problem lies with the scanner itself, or with Windows 8!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

sturrdave

sturrdave, Jun 7, 2014
  2. sturrdave

Brian8gbSSDLinux

You are NOT alone...
    double click this address...
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Type=Hardware&Name=Canon Pixma MP140 All-in-One Printer&Vendor=Canon&ModelOrVersion=2174B002&Locale=1033&BreadcrumbPath=canon mp140&tempOsid=Windows 8

IT IS a MICROSOFT website... you need to click on the 'blue' Free download required...
    on the new web page that comes up... it should show which OS you are using...
    Win 8 or Win 8.1
    NOW bookmark that page, you will need it again...

Click on the Driver button... and download the new drivers...

You might ALSO need to download the new Software
    Canon Easy-WebPrint or My Printer ...

Hope this is helpful. (Another O.A.P !)

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Jun 8, 2014
  3. sturrdave

keirakedgel

Great to know there is a solution to this now! :)

keirakedgel, Jun 16, 2014
Ask a Question