Windows 7 - when sent by MentorMediaCorp?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aspergerian, Nov 25, 2009.

1. aspergerian

aspergerian

My purchase 1410 included a promised delivery of Windows 7. I filled out the online form and look at the status at:
    https://ebiz3.mentormediacorp.com/Query ... dows7query

However, the order was placed weeks ago. Mentor Media seems in no rush to send the w7 install disks I was led to believe were part of the purchase.

Has anyone received Windows 7 disks sent by MentorMediaCorp.com?

'Twould seem that timeliness is implicit in advertising which stated that w7 disks would be sent as part of the purchase.

aspergerian, Nov 25, 2009
  2. aspergerian

aspergerian

I tired of switching bios between sata and ide on a (then) dual-boot Acer Aspire 1410 running Vista and Ubuntu. I had hoped to try Windows 7 on my 1410, but am still waiting for w7 disks to arrive. Meanwhile, I've come to accept my 1410 as a Ubuntu-only computer, which I like very much.

"Timely" and "timeliness" are words that seem not to apply to the business Acer hired to ship w7. Yesterday, I spent ~$500 on an HP set up as Windows 7 64 bit. At several stores, Acer computers with Vista were offered, along with the sales-pitch that w7 would be shipped. I was able to tell the sales persons that I preferred to avoid Acer because my w7 disks have not been shipped, and I wished to avoid getting into another dark hole of uncertainty regarding when and if Acer's hireling (MentorMediaCorp) will get around to shipping the w7 disks. As expected, once out of the box, the new HP worked with w7 64 bit - and I didn't have to endure the frustration of MentorMediaCorp's excessive delay in shipping Windows 7 upgrade disks.

aspergerian, Nov 28, 2009
Ask a Question