windows 7 still can't find Wifi.....driver finally found

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tomot, Nov 2, 2009.

1. tomot

tomot

My experience with Windows 7 Ultimate: I Installed it on an Acer AOD250 netbook:

Can't find and install the following:
    1. WiFi
    2. Intel VGA so you can display on larger LCD Monitors

The Wireless LAN_Atheros driver and VGA_Intel drivers which work for an XP SP3 install, wont work with the Windows 7 install.

Microsoft is a joke! Imagine spending all this time and effort and the install still cant
    recognize an internet connection. Thank god we have access to open source OS's like Ubuntu etc.

tomot, Nov 2, 2009
  2. tomot

Bloodstar

Re: windows 7 still can't find Wifi

As far as I'm aware, Vista/7 and XP use different drivers.

Try installing Vista or 7 drivers for your devices, or just reinstalling 7 itself if you really need to.

Bloodstar, Nov 2, 2009
  3. tomot

tomot

thanks for your reply!
    I just ran the compatibility test on another HDD which contains XP http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... 97c146af15
    which points out that the Wireless LAN_Atheros driver is not compatible with Windows 7
    and Acer does not yet have any drivers for Windows 7, as far as I can find.

tomot, Nov 2, 2009
  4. tomot

DaBigKahuna

I guess I got lucky... I've loaded W7 Ultimate x86 maybe a half dozen times in the last week on my AOD150 and I've never had an issue with the WiFi. These have all been clean installs. Before you ask, I've been experimenting with diferent MultiBoot and partition setups.

DaBigKahuna, Nov 4, 2009
  5. tomot

tomot

This forum is really, really, badly organized, considering all the different types of ACER product that are available.
    It may well be that Windows 7 installs, without a problem on the AOD 150, but it does not on a AOD 250.
    I have tried many times.
    It would also would be nice if this forum had some input from someone that actually works at ACER technical support.

My AOD 250 is going back to Costco, which as a 90 return policy on all computer an TV products they sell, if I can't get
    Windows 7 to install with all the drivers working. Similar to how XP installs now that resides on the 7GB EISA partition.
    It would be really great if new drivers for Windows 7 were available for download.... NOW! (not later)
    Is any one from ACER not interested in resolving these issues?
    Perhaps they are all to busy bringing the next models to market, hoping the consumer will simply sell his or her older products
    on Craig s List?

cheers!

tomot, Nov 8, 2009
  6. tomot

adrianaitken

Yep, really badly organised. I mean, who would have thought to look under the DRIVERS/Windows 7 sub-section to see where to get video and wifi drivers from ?

adrianaitken, Nov 9, 2009
  7. tomot

tomot

Just great! .....maybe the title should be changed to LOOK FOR NON EXISTENT WINDOWS 7 DRIVERS HERE! lol!

tomot, Nov 9, 2009
  8. tomot

tomot

I finally made some progress, I hope the following info helps those that have Wifi problems with Windows 7 install on their AOD250.

1. goto: http://www.radarsync.com/drivers/d16103 ... rk_adapter
    2. download : WLAN_Win7_Win7-64(8.0.0.144).zip file. (its the 4th item on the list)

cheers!

tomot, Nov 10, 2009
  9. tomot

joners

Hmmm afraid that driver didnt work for me.

Ive tried god knows how many combonations now.

The 7.6x drivers the two 8.x drivers both 64bit and 32bit for W7. The also used the Samsung driver recommended in another thread, that seemed to be the most stabled.

However as soon as you bump up the download speed connection is dropped :(

anyone else still having issues?

joners, Nov 17, 2009
  10. tomot

evolyou

I'm experiencing the same issue. Using Tiny7 Rev.01 and Atheros 5007EG 8.0.0.238 driver (obtained trough windows update).

evolyou, Nov 17, 2009
  11. tomot

stocko

I am running an AOD250 with Windows 7 Professional installed.

I am pleased to say that everything works fine. I have checked the driver the system is using for the wi-fi and it is Broadcom 5.30.21.0

I use bluetooth, wifi, VPN, remote desktop, output to a 22" LCD screen either stand-alone, duplicated or extended and it all just works.

Happy to provide details of any other drivers this system is using.

I hope this helps.

stocko, Nov 18, 2009
  12. tomot

marquee05

i believe your describing different acer product sir. AAO D250 is a Netbook that is 10.1" LCD and it has atheros wifi and doesn't have bluetooth too..

marquee05, Jan 16, 2010
  13. tomot

Marcher

Hi Stocko,

seems we have a similar D250, so with broadcom Wifi-card ... I am also running W7 w/o issues, just a small question for you ... does your green Wlan LED flash when transmitting Wifi data? Haven't found an answer yet ...

Thanks, Marcher

Marcher, Feb 8, 2010
  14. tomot

seth556

I'm trying to get my wifi working on a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate. I've tried the driver that windows gives me along with the driver from acer's website, neither worked. It's the 532h model, how do I fix this?

seth556, Mar 3, 2010
  15. tomot

seth556

Actually I'm having the problem now where it's installed but when the speed goes up I lose the connection. I'll try some other drivers but no luck yet. Is there anyway to get the drivers from a pre-installed version of Windows 7?

seth556, Mar 4, 2010
  16. tomot

troels

AOA150 has the same problem. No solution found so far - we are waiting for a better Atheros driver.
    You can get the newest driver from Windows Update - but it will not solve the problem.

troels, Mar 4, 2010
  17. tomot

seth556

That's what I have, the internet will last only a few page loads before it quits. They really need to get on their game and write a ner driver, fast.

seth556, Mar 4, 2010
  18. tomot

troels

Well, that's worse. Mine is normally doing OK until the daily backup starts. Or maybe a transfer of 50-100 Mbs. You did try Windows Update?

troels, Mar 4, 2010
  19. tomot

seth556

Yes, that's how I got the driver working in the first place. It may be worse because it's the 532h model.

seth556, Mar 4, 2010
Ask a Question