Windows 7 - Reinstall XP? (Bios Password Lost)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bennyt, Jan 8, 2010.

1. bennyt

bennyt

Posting on this forum is my last resort. I've tried everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my AOA150 ZG5. Unfortunatley I've been experiencing blue screen errors that cause they system to reboot about every other time use it. One that pops up frequently says "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL." I've gone through and removed all unnecessary components like media center and configured it where the system runs as lite as possible: no animation, transparency, etc. I still get errors.

At this point I'd just like to have XP back. When I run Acer boot discs they won't work. I assume that's because I've upgraded the OS. When I try to run an XP iso, the "install Windows XP" is greyed-out. Apparently Windows refuses to downgrade itself without removing the newer operating system. Normally I'd format the C drive through the BIOS but in this case I've found out that I have a BIOS password and have absolutely no clue how it got there or what it is. My next thought was to take the computer apart and remove the watch battery to reset the BIOS password, but to make matters worse I super-glued the rubber feet on and can't get to the screws to disasseble the computer. (I think I got a little behind the battery as well.)

So in short, FAIL. I want to use this little thing as my torrent download manager like I used to but it constantly restarts and closes Vuze. When I go to check my downloads Vuze is always closed and it say "Windows has recovered from a unexpected error."

Should I just give up? I'm about to go Columbine...

bennyt, Jan 8, 2010
  2. bennyt

Barika23

I hope this can help you.last month my sister meet the same problem,and then we solved it as follow.There is a way to reset the password and it doesn't involve reformatting and reunstalling Windows. The solution is called Windows Password Key 8.0. It is the most popular and safe solution for resetting your Windows password until now. You can down it from: http://www.lostwindowspassword.com

Barika23, Jan 29, 2010
Ask a Question