Windows 10 will be the last windows.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SirJoe, Sep 15, 2016.

1. SirJoe

SirJoe

Microsoft has calmed that windows 10 will be the last of the windows. It will still produce other operating systems but windows will end. Microsoft is planing in launch updates instead of creating a whole new operating system. This news shocked quit a few windows users, but we will have to wait and see if they stick with this plane or change their minds.

SirJoe, Sep 15, 2016
  2. SirJoe

HappyKoi

Thank goodness! I think they're finally listening to their customers. Just hearing this is a good enough reason for me to upgrade. I haven't upgraded since Windows 7 because it seems like the just keep putting out new ones. I think a lot of people have gone the same route, and I don't blame them a bit. I do hope they stick with this.

HappyKoi, Sep 16, 2016
  3. SirJoe

KimmyMarkks

Windows 7 was (in my opinion) the best operating system. I bought a new computer that had Windows 8 and I absolutely hated it. It was set up like a tablet with icons. Once Windows 10 came out I couldn't wait to upgrade because it has a similar design to Windows 7.
    I am excited to see what they come out with in the future.

KimmyMarkks, Sep 16, 2016
  4. SirJoe

remnant

I should say that this is a welcome development. If you take the example of Facebook and Gmail, its obvious that they have changed over time but there are no versions of the same, its still the same thing. With respect to this development, Microsoft is planning to offer free upgrades to Windows 7 and 8 users. The ultimate aim is to make Windows the dominant desktop application.

remnant, Sep 18, 2016
  5. SirJoe

AntonioCalcano

If Windows 10 were their last OS I wouldn't mind; in fact I think that I would even like that because Windows 10 is actually the best OS I've used. I know many people would argue with me and say that Windows 7 is the best OS, but from all the tests I've run I have to say that Windows 10 performs faster in most setups, and the only thing Windows 7 is better at is driver support. But overall Windows 10 is the better choice between the two and regarding drivers we can see everyday that we're getting support for even the oldest pieces of hardware, so we will have more and more options as time passes.

AntonioCalcano, Sep 18, 2016
  6. SirJoe

gyakenji

Nice, finally we can just stick to one OS forever and rely on updates. Way better than buying new OS every time. (Don't become the new Apple).

I was just considering whether it was worth buying Windows 10 now, or wait until a new OS comes out. I guess I'll be getting it soon.

I'm going to use my Windows 8 in the meantime (Yes I stupidly missed the free upgrade)

gyakenji, Sep 18, 2016
  7. SirJoe

Allen1

Yеs! ассоrding tо thе оffiсiаl stаtеmеnts Windоws 10 is thе lаst but this might bе pоssiblе thаt аftеr it thеy rеnаmе thе upсоming vеrsiоn аnd mаy сhаngе thе аrсhitесturе littlе bit аs thеy dоеsn't sаid thаt thеy stоp mаking оs.

Allen1, Sep 18, 2016
  8. SirJoe

SirJoe

that was the whole idea behind the windows 8 layout. They thought that everyone would be converted to touch screens not realizing that it was just a fad and it's actually quicker and more comfortable using a keyboard and a a mouse.

SirJoe, Sep 21, 2016
  9. SirJoe

Elektron

I've heard a little bit about this, but it doesn't seem to be a reliable information since I don't believe that Microsoft will stop innovating their systems, however, I do believe that they will no longer release any more Windows versions and they'll just focus on upgrading the Windows 10 to make it better and all of that.

Elektron, Sep 28, 2016
Ask a Question