Windows 10 Upgrade? Help!!!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by scoobydoo, Jan 11, 2016.

1. scoobydoo

scoobydoo

Hello guys. I am currently using Windows 7, and am quite satisfied with it. It does everything I need it to do. I have the option, as I'm sure everyone is aware, of upgrading to Windows 10. Should I do this? What are the pros and cons? Also, how long will Microsoft continue to issue Windows 7 updates? Thank you!

scoobydoo, Jan 11, 2016
  2. scoobydoo

something back

something back, Jan 11, 2016
  3. scoobydoo

Nestone50

Windows 10 + Classic Shell is the way you should go assuming you like the feel of 7.. Remember that the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 is only free until July of this year. After that, it will cost you over $100 to upgrade. I am cautious and first upgraded an old Windows 7 computer ( I have a newer desktop & laptop) and played with it for a week or so. By then, I realized it was a worthwhile upgrade and upgraded my two newer machines. I hated Windows 8 & 8.1. With 10, Microsoft realized the error they had made with those dreadful operating systems. It seems that every other version of the Windows OS are duds. Vista and the 8 family come to mind while XP, 7 and now 10 where/are winners.

Nestone50, Jan 11, 2016
Ask a Question