Windows 10 update

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Jade samson12, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Jade samson12

Jade samson12

My Laptop needs updating to the latest version which is Windows 10, version 21H2 but I don't have the space for it - I have tried everything to get space like deleting files I don't use or need but it keeps saying I don't have space! Has my Laptop stopped updating or is there another way to update it??

Jade samson12, Apr 29, 2022
  2. Jade samson12

anyabaker

There are a few things you can try to free up space on your laptop so that you can update to Windows 10, version 21H2.

1. Delete temporary files. Temporary files are created by your computer when you use certain programs. These files are not always needed, and you can safely delete them to free up space. To delete temporary files, you can use the Disk Cleanup tool in Windows.
    2. Move files to an external hard drive. If you have an external hard drive, you can move files that you don't need to the external hard drive to free up space on your laptop.
    3. Compress files. You can compress files to make them smaller. This can help to free up space, but it will also make the files take longer to open.
    4. Uninstall unused programs. If you have any programs that you don't use, you can uninstall them to free up space.
    If you have tried all of the above and you still don't have enough space to update to Windows 10, version 21H2, you may need to upgrade your hard drive. A larger hard drive will give you more space to store files, and it will also make it easier to update your computer.

Here are some additional tips for freeing up space on your laptop:

• Use a file manager to see what files are taking up the most space. This can help you to identify the files that you can delete or move to an external hard drive.
    • Use a disk defragmenter to defragment your hard drive. This can help to improve the performance of your hard drive and free up some space.
    • Keep your antivirus program up to date. Antivirus programs can sometimes scan files and create temporary files that take up space. Keeping your antivirus program up to date will help to minimize the number of temporary files that are created.

anyabaker, Jul 2, 2023
  3. Jade samson12

gtvthcm39

You need to upgrade your hard drive and transfer data to the new hard drive

gtvthcm39, Dec 15, 2023
Ask a Question