Windows 10 install caused dvd/cd drive to quit working

Discussion in 'Windows' started by cluckeyo, May 24, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

Very frustrating! We need to fix this, as it is the main computer we use to get things printed, and I have some old programs to install. I looked up some background on this, but there was some discrepancy in what people thought needed to be done. Is there an easy way to fix this, or will we have to start over with the install?

cluckeyo, May 24, 2016
  2. cluckeyo

SirJoe

I haven't experienced that yet but windows 10 is all over the place. Every time there is a big upgrade all I can say is hold on too your seat, who knows what will happen, and what is still going to be working.

SirJoe, May 26, 2016
  3. cluckeyo

cluckeyo

I did not know that. So in light of this, would it make sense to abandon Windows 10 and go back to Windows 7?

cluckeyo, May 26, 2016
  4. cluckeyo

SirJoe

I have found people that really do like windows 10, on the other hand if you have old software and it's not compatible with windows 10, I think that while the don't iron out all the kinks windows 7 still seems to be the safest bet. There is still another option and that is to make a virtual machine on windows 10 with the software installed on windows 7.

SirJoe, May 27, 2016
    cluckeyo likes this.
  5. cluckeyo

Nestone50

Nestone50, May 31, 2016
  6. cluckeyo

obliviousme

I haven't encountered this issue, i hardly use cd drive. You might try updating the cd driver, make sure it's up to date. Also, it could be that particular cd you've put in the drive.

obliviousme, Jun 9, 2016
  7. cluckeyo

sparkster

Is Windows 10 compatible with your hardware? I mean, does Windows 10 have the drivers which you need for your CD/DVD drive? If not then you may need to try downloading and installing a generic driver. That might work. Could be a compatibility problem though.

sparkster, Jun 29, 2016
Ask a Question