window size is higher than the height?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Latebalazoo, May 12, 2009.

1. Latebalazoo

Latebalazoo

Hello all,

I have a problem with windows that I open in Linpus. The problem is that the height is bigger than the resolution itself. I can move the window more up where the screen ends. When I click and move the windows from the upper bar, I can move it out of the screen in directions left, down and right.

This isn't the best explanation possible, but it's been a long day for me. If any help comes, I'll be greatful!

Latebalazoo, May 12, 2009
  2. Latebalazoo

daldred

If you hold the Alt button and left-click anwyeher in the window, you should then be able to drag it around so that you can see the missing bits of the window again. Standard Linux functionality.

daldred, May 12, 2009
  3. Latebalazoo

groeswenphil

Amazing.
    I had the same problem.
    Phil

groeswenphil, May 12, 2009
  4. Latebalazoo

Guest Guest

I found you have to hold [ALT] +[left pad button] to move the window but at last I have a solution to not being able to adjust programmes like Ktorrent
    thank you very much
    mike46

Guest, May 14, 2009
  5. Latebalazoo

Latebalazoo

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It worked for me just fine. First time I use Linux, so these basic things are not well known to me :D

Latebalazoo, May 17, 2009
  6. Latebalazoo

Folklover

Alt + left click is such an easy fix! I had no idea this was a standard Linux procedure but it has ended my frustration with not being able to reach the "Okay" button at the bottom of many screens. Thanks.

Folklover, Jun 29, 2009
Ask a Question