Window Manager Issues 9,1 UNR

Discussion in 'Linux' started by magnumopus, Jan 30, 2010.

1. magnumopus

magnumopus

Hi,

i installed UNR 9.1 a few months ago and in general the experience has been far better than Linpus. However I keep having to kill applications either via the system tool or the terminal as the window manager appears to crash and the window cannot be closed, resized or moved and it ends up blocking everything else - I even sometimes have to do a hard reset. Is anyone else having similar problems? Also are there ways to overcome it? Many applications appear to cause the problem from Firefox through to the email client, interestingly Midori also suffers from it from time to time but not as much as Firefox.

If UNR 9.1 carries on like this I may be forced to dump it as I have now lost work on a couple of occasions.

Cheers,

rod

magnumopus, Jan 30, 2010
  2. magnumopus

Ceno

It might be that thing (I don't remember the name) that makes all windows maximized acting up. I use the regular version of Ubuntu 9.10 and have no window manager problems.
    Maybe consider dumping the UNR interface to the standard one? I've done that once, it wasn't very hard.

Ceno, Jan 30, 2010
  3. magnumopus

magnumopus

ok thanks, I may give it a go. Are there any performance issues with doing this? Especially as UNR is meant to be enhanced in some way for netbooks.

magnumopus, Feb 19, 2010
  4. magnumopus

Xinês

No performance issues, as you may learn in this site from other users experience. Regular Ubuntu 9.10 works quite well right out of the box.

Xinês, Feb 19, 2010
  5. magnumopus

magnumopus

UNR did work for a while, indeed I had no Window management problems again until today. Has anyone else recently updated then found that they are unable to open folders by double clicking even when the particular preference is set within the Window manager? Single clicking however works fine.

rod

magnumopus, Mar 19, 2010
Ask a Question