Will I be able to re-install xp after vista install?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by boatdink, Sep 2, 2009.

1. boatdink

boatdink

I have the aoa-150 and it came with an pqservice (recovery) partition and i was wanting to install vista (no comments if you think its a bad thing) but im just worried that something will go wrong and ill have to reinstall xp so im taking extra precautions. So, will the pqservice (recovery) partition be erased when i install vista. I want to be able to have the factory acer aspire one version of xp.

boatdink, Sep 2, 2009
  2. boatdink

boatdink

please somebody give answer

boatdink, Sep 3, 2009
  3. boatdink

ecmasonjr

I'm not about to do it myself, but I think you'll find installing Vista will wipe your pqservice partition, which means the D2D recovery won't work. You'll want to hook up an external optical drive and run the eRecovery utility to burn recovery disks first. Apparently it's also possible to make the recovery files on a USB stick, do a search, you'll find a lot of posts on that subject.

ecmasonjr, Sep 3, 2009
  4. boatdink

boatdink

how do i create the cd?

boatdink, Sep 3, 2009
  5. boatdink

ecmasonjr

It'll be multiple CD's or two DVD's.

Attach your optical drive via USB, the computer should recognize it and make it ready for use. Start>Programs>Acer>Acer eRocovery Management. Select Create Factory Default Disc and follow instructions from that point.

The recovery disks are also available from Acer.

ecmasonjr, Sep 3, 2009
  6. boatdink

boatdink

damn my life, i just ordered the cd. I have a bunch of cd-r, the reason i didnt do it was because when i clicked acer recovery tool (without cd drive connected) a "create recovery disc" think didnt show so i thought it couldnt be done but you live and learn.

boatdink, Sep 3, 2009
  7. boatdink

Sudsmcduff96

Well I have the SSD model (AOA110) and I put on 2 different Operating System's on it which were Tiny7 & Ubuntu. I was managed to get back to XP with Tiny7, but with Ubuntu, I was also able to get XP back, but took much more time. I had to install Tiny7, and then boot to the setup again, and deleted every partition, then created a 7400 (7.20GB) partition (It has to be a Primary Drive) and then went into the Recovery with the Disc's that came with the machine, and restored XP no problem.

Sudsmcduff96, Jul 3, 2010
Ask a Question