WIFI wont turn off

Discussion in 'Networking' started by -javier-, Feb 7, 2010.

1. -javier-

-javier-

hi everyone, well i recently got me the acer aspire one 532h, one thing i notice right out of the box is that the wifi wont turn off with the FN and F2 Button, i downgraded to xp home cause i did not like win7 starter i also updated the BIOS to lates bios and still the wifi wont turn off it only turn off if i go to the device manager and enter the wife card profile, this is my first netbook and this this is the problem i have please help me out...thanks

-javier-, Feb 7, 2010
  2. -javier-

-javier-

by the way i forgot to ask does anyone know what mouse pad this netbook comes with?

-javier-, Feb 7, 2010
  3. -javier-

bhoth

I have the exact same issue. I want to be able to turn wifi on and off with function F2. I installed XP Pro. On my 532h, the touchpad is the Alps.

I did install the launch manager which helps with all the other function keys except for the wifi. Any ideas?

bhoth, Feb 17, 2010
  4. -javier-

kevin1162

i removed win7 starter and installed windows 7 ultimate and the wifi key worked after installing the launch manager... But then i upgraded my hard-drive, re-installed windows ultimate and now it doesn't work after installing the launch manager.

I'm going to mess around with it today if i have time and hopefully figure it out.

kevin1162, Feb 22, 2010
  5. -javier-

kevin1162

ok well this is messed up... as mentioned before i had installed the launch manager and the hotkey didn't work. I had installed the launch manager via the driver/application cd i made with the acer eRecovery program.

For kicks i downloaded the launch manager app from the acer website and re-installed, and upon reboot there was no change. I then installed the acer updater app to see if maybe there was an updated version the app would find, but there wasn't.

At this point i booted into ubuntu netbook remix from my thumb drive to see if the hotkey would work there (it didn't). Now i went into the bios to check the version because i recently updated it, and was going to revert back to the previous version. While i was in there i disabled D2D recovery, saved and exited.

Now upon boot-up the hotkey works properly...wtf?

I'll try and figure out what i did that fixed it but i'm confused. It did not work after re-installing the launch manager and multiple reboots, so it was either booting into linux or making a bios change and saving it.

Will report back if i can narrow it down.

kevin1162, Feb 22, 2010
  6. -javier-

MeatWater

Same here: worked perfectly under the pre-installed Windows7 Starter configuration. After formatting and installing Windows 7 Ultimate (I need some of the networking features for work) the FN+F2 thingie ain't working. All other FN combinations work fine. Anyone?

MeatWater, Mar 29, 2010
  7. -javier-

MeatWater

Hmmmm....

How come that there still is no sollution for this oddity?

C'on guys...

MeatWater, Apr 9, 2010
  8. -javier-

kekinash

Happened the same for me. It happened after reinstalling my win 7 keeping the old files and settings. Solved uninstalling Acer ePower management utility and reinstalling it again after a reboot. Now Fn+F2 working properly.

kekinash, Apr 9, 2010
  9. -javier-

MeatWater

There seems to be no version for the AO532? What netbook do you have and what version did you install?

MeatWater, Apr 16, 2010
  10. -javier-

Jester

I have the same Problem with my Acer Aspire 532h. The FN+F2 doesn't Work unter Win7 Home Premium, all other Keys works fine. Where you downloaded the Acer ePower Management Utility, and have you a Acer Aspire 532h Netbook? Please write a Download Link for this Utility , thanks :)

cu

Jester, Apr 25, 2010
  11. -javier-

Jester

Load the ePower Managment Utility from a other Notebook/Netbook on the Acer Homepage and install it. You need your Launcher install it. Test Version from the ePower Utility, does not install a other Version. My Netbook FN+F2 is work. This two Programms must install, then FN+F2 work.

cu

Jester, May 6, 2010
  12. -javier-

Jester

Read my Post above your Post, this work's.

Cu

Jester, May 19, 2010
  13. -javier-

No4niK

I had the problem with Fn+F2 in Windows 7 ultimate too.
    The problem was solved by installing "Wireless LAN_Atheros_8.0.0.259_W7x86_A" version of driver (manualy, because automatic crashes the installation process) and "LaunchManager Application 2.0.1.218". Any other drivers and SW had this problem too/

No4niK, Sep 10, 2011
Ask a Question