Wifi problem - cannot connect to WPA TKIP wireless network

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by abcdkid, Feb 8, 2009.

1. abcdkid

abcdkid

I am having problems with my Acer aspire one- it has the Atheros card and came with the 3 cell battery and XP preinstalled. I have updated the bios and still the wifi cannot connect to my WPA network. The password is correct and it just gets stuck at "acquiring IP" and then it just tries again and fails and then just stops. Does anyone know if this is a problem with my computer or if this is a known problem for the aspire ones ? It connects fine to non encrypted and WEP networks - just WPA it doesn't connect.

abcdkid, Feb 8, 2009
  2. abcdkid

beepbeep

most likely your router. I use WPA on 5 different routers/access points, one of which sometimes exhibits this problem, which MAY be resolved by power-cycling the router.

Also make sure your router's MAC filtering and DHCP are properly configured.

beepbeep, Feb 10, 2009
  3. abcdkid

Eosblue

I agree with the reply above. A basic test would be if you can connect with an unprotected network. I would think IF you could do that, then its just a matter of a little tweaking.

Also, sometimes I've found IF you have the correct password set, after a while with leaving the computer on, it will find your network and connect by itself.

Eosblue, Feb 14, 2009
Ask a Question