WiFi lockups / dropouts

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by z0s0, Aug 19, 2008.

1. z0s0

z0s0

I'm running an 8GB AA1 with the standard linpus OS, and notice that the wifi connection regularly stalls, resulting in no packets getting through.

It doesn't completely break the wifi connection - i.e. there's no disconnect/reconnect process - just a stall period where no data flows, even though the rest of the OS remains completely operable and responsive.

It's particularly noticeable during SSH sessions or samba fileshare browsing.

It tends to sort itself out after about 5-15 seconds.

I'm quite sure my router is not to blame, as many devices use it for connectivity without problem. It's a linksys running the latest DD-WRT firmware.

Any suggestions / comments?

z0s0, Aug 19, 2008
  2. z0s0

techie

Have you ran dmesg in a terminal to see any clues there? I had the same issue in Linpus (now have it in XP) where the card simply disappears....and magically reappears a few minutes later. In XP, this results in an event log saying the card has been removed....in Linpus I believe there were dmesg log entries saying there was no hardware. Maybe its the same issue.

techie, Aug 20, 2008
Ask a Question