Wifi is not working properly with Win7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by w143, Nov 14, 2009.

1. w143

w143

I installed Windows 7 Pro in my AOA150, dual boot with WinXP or Win7.
    Everything still works good with XP. However, with Win7, my internet connection (wifi) is not stable, everything else is working:
    1. When browsing some websites (e.g: amazon.com, cnbc.com,etc), sometimes, it loads everything, sometimes it just stops loading after loaded partial page.
    2. When downloading big files, it stops or the speed becomes VERY slow like 1kb-3kb after initial normal speed for a few seconds. The normal speed is around 80-120kb/s as I have 1MB line. It usually starts with good speed like 80kb-120kb/s but then it drops to 50kb/s then 20kb/s then continues to drop until 1-2kb/s or stop downloading.
    3. When checking email, the email program downloads a few emails then hangs on 'downloading' and times out later.

Tried the following methods with no improment:
    - Windows updated the Atheros driver to the latest version: 8.0.0.238
    - Disabled TCP Auto-Tuning: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    - Use older Atheros drivers

Is this a Win7 internet setting problem or the wifi driver? Do you guys experience the same thing with Win7?

Thanks in advance for your helps.

w143, Nov 14, 2009
  2. w143

tomot

tomot, Nov 15, 2009
  3. w143

joners

im getting the same issue. if you do some searching in the forums you will find that quite a few people are.

it appears to be a driver issue that atheros are yet to resolve, ive tested approx 10 different drivers and configs and havent found anything acceptable yet.

Even if i could peg back the bandwidth to 1Mb p/s that would be fine.. bah.

joners, Nov 17, 2009
  4. w143

w143

Still no solution... have boot WinXP :(

w143, Jan 6, 2010
  5. w143

Nambleruk

AOA150 no other mods apart from 8gb SD card in expansion slot giving 4gb readyboost and Win 7 Home Premium installed.

My installation is running on 512mb. My BIOS is v.3310

Apart from disabling some non-essential services and adjusting the visual requirements to aid performance, no other tweaks.

No problems with Wi-Fi on the Atheros AR5007EG adaptor, I am using the 8 0 0 238 driver with the power save option unchecked. No Wi-Fi drop-out experienced.

Win 7 is running perfectly well on my little machine, although I am considering a 1gb addition to ny RAM.

Nambleruk, Jan 6, 2010
Ask a Question