Wifi driver compatible with Windows configuration?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Weiner, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Weiner

Weiner

I've tried 4 diffent sets of drivers, but none work with the windows wireless configuration tool, only can manage my connections with the atheros utility.. Does it work for anyone else??

A110, 1gb, fresh nlite load of PRO SP3... loaded all the drivers from the acer ftp..

Weiner, Aug 4, 2008
  2. Weiner

Bascha

Works for me. Running nLited XPsp2 with drivers from acer ftp slipstreamed into install.
    Do you see the Atheros device in device manager at all or is it just a "?"?
    Try and delet the device from device manager, reboot, install drivers again.

Bascha, Aug 5, 2008
  3. Weiner

Weiner

no its properly loaded in device manager.. tried delete and re isntall after reboot to same result. unless the drivers dont like sp3? seems like many others have the same issue with not seeing wireless networks..

Weiner, Aug 5, 2008
  4. Weiner

Blinky

I guess you've solved your problem by now but I thought I mention it anyway for others.

Don't run setup it's installing stuff you can do without and only waisting disk space. The driver files are together under 400Kb Install the driver manually.Extract the driver archive somewhere and do the following:

Right click My Computer > Manage > Device Manager > Network Adapters
    Right Click the Network adapter > Update Driver
    Select No not this time > Next
    Select Install from a list or specific location > Next
    Select Search for the best driver
    Uncheck search removable media
    Check Include this location > Browse

Browse to the extracted location and then /Drivers/XP-x32 when the files where extracted to C: you browse to

C:\WLAN_Atheros_v7.6.0.224/Drivers/XP-x32

Now Click OK button and then Next and the driver will be installed. Use windows wireless zero configuration to configure it.

Blinky, Aug 22, 2008
  5. Weiner

paul.irl

Have a question about the WiFi driver. I recently did a clean install of Windows from a full version of Windows. I've installed all the drivers from the Aver website. WiFi works fine but I've noticed one difference.

Previously when I enabled or disabled WLAN, I got a notification at the bottom of the screen. While it isn't essential, I found it very useful. Anyone any idea how to restore it?

paul.irl, Oct 18, 2008
Ask a Question