WiFi connection disappearing suddenly! Help!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ditchtech, Aug 10, 2008.

1. ditchtech

ditchtech

Hi I have an Acer Aspire Laptop, with Atheros wireless Lan drivers. My problem is when I enable my wireless for about 20 minutes, It automatically gets disconnected. The wireless lan icon itself disappears from Network Connections, and the device manager shows unknown ethernet controller instead of the driver for my wi fi. Any suggestions... Im using Win XP sp2. And using the latest drivers. The wireless is always on and hence has nothing do with the icon itself disappearing from network connections list.
    Thankx!

ditchtech, Aug 10, 2008
  2. ditchtech

aw4e

I've been having this problem too! I have a blue Aspire One 512MB 120GB Linux version with Windows XP SP3 installed. After a full day of use, I've been noticing my wifi connection cutting in and out. Now, it's gotten to the point where the wireless Lan device is not even in my device manager list. It's gone completely! A rescan of hardware changes does not bring it back. I wonder if the new firmware will fix this issue.

aw4e, Aug 18, 2008
  3. ditchtech

techie

Ditto here

I have the latest bios so it doesnt fix it....looks like this a very common problem across both Linpus and XP installs.

techie, Aug 18, 2008
  4. ditchtech

martinvienne

as I said before. have the same problem. but the Atheros card is still listed in the device manager, and when I de- and reacitvate through the device manager, it works again, or at least this time.
    but the WLAN problem is still annoying.
    :)
    martin

martinvienne, Aug 21, 2008
  5. ditchtech

YooY

6. ditchtech

techie

Any chance you are using the bios 3114? I reverted back to the older bios and (touch wood) haven't experienced the problem since....it would happen half a dozen times a day...so far so good.

techie, Aug 23, 2008
Ask a Question