Wifi Card upgrade possible?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by AdamElphick, Sep 30, 2009.

1. AdamElphick

AdamElphick

Hi. I just got my 751h and I am loving it despite the rather slow processor speed. I have come form an eeePC 1000h which has bluetooth and Wi-Fi N so I am feeling as though I want to upgrade things a bit!

I popped 2gb Ram in and that's helped a bit and will put the 320GB HD form my eee in at the weekend. However I looked at the Wi-Fi card and it is tiny! I tried to pop my Wi-Fi/Bluetooth dual card in and although the slot accepts it there's a stupid peg half way up it now so it wont lay flat and engage properly! There's a space next to the slot that I guess can hold another mini-pcie card but there doesn't look like the connector is there!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :?

AdamElphick, Sep 30, 2009
  2. AdamElphick

dmillergv

Are you saying (by default) that it hasn't frozen up yet???
    I had (now my granddaughters)an original 9" machine that I replaced the wireless card. It was an intel
    card with "N". Ran slick. I have a permanent case of CRS. Google for it.

dmillergv, Sep 30, 2009
  3. AdamElphick

AdamElphick

The problem is the stupid little 'post' thats in the way of putting the full length card in place - and the fact the second mini pci-e slot has not been fitted (just the edge connections on the motherboard), so I cant use that.

AdamElphick, Oct 1, 2009
Ask a Question