Wifi Card Broken?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by jombay, Aug 24, 2008.

1. jombay

jombay

I have an a150 with windows xp. So I was playing some WoW on my aspire one. The connection was getting very laggy, so I thought it might have been server-side. I then got disconnected so I figured I might as well disable/enable the wifi connection.

When I disabled it, it wouldn't let me enable it. Then after checking in the device manager, an exclamation mark was beside the wifi card. I clicked disable again, then the card disappeared completely from device manager. When I try to uninstall or reinstall the wifi drivers, it won't let me because it says the card is supposedly not plugged in. Wtf?

jombay, Aug 24, 2008
  2. jombay

techie

techie, Aug 24, 2008
  3. jombay

col_klink

Thats interesting. Can you use system restore to go back to the point before you changed it in the first place?

Also, on battery power, the wifi card slips into power saving mode. This causes it to suck. If you go into device manager, you should be able to go into the device properties, and set "power saving" to "normal" instead of "maximum". Made a big difference on mine.

Good luck.

col_klink, Aug 24, 2008
Ask a Question