Wi fi problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by allhourrs, Nov 9, 2008.

1. allhourrs

allhourrs

I have just purchased the ACER Aspire One A110L, Atom and I am having trouble connecting wireless,At present I am trying to connect to an orange live box in France where my parents are.The netbbook can see the router ok and I have also tried to sync the router with the netbook but I am still unable to connect .

I can connect with the wire no probs please help.

If any body can help please advise in simple steps as I am a Newbie with these thank you for your time

allhourrs, Nov 9, 2008
  2. allhourrs

mzc

Play around the wifi encryption - WEP/WPA/WPA-PSK. then type the router password.

mzc, Nov 9, 2008
  3. allhourrs

melhiore

You can alternatively look at this: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1477 as this is very good knowledge base of most of WiFi issues...

melhiore, Nov 9, 2008
  4. allhourrs

nomis

I use an Orange Livebox in the UK with a Linpus Acer Aspire One.

I discovered yesterday that I needed to type the key in upper case (e.g. AB56... not ab56) when entering it on the Aspire One. I think this might be related to the Aspire One recognising it as HEX.

The other settings on mine are 'WPA & WPA2 Personal' but this might be different for you depending on what the router is using.

Remember also to press the one button on your router to put it in pairing mode.

I hope that helps.

nomis, Nov 15, 2008
  5. allhourrs

stevebasnett

I have exactly the same problem - using my English purchased Aspire One in France on Wanadoo/Orange Livebox. I can confirm to you that the 26 digit key is the correct one to use (I've tried all upper/lower case with/without spaces combinations, and I am now satisfied that it must be UPPER CASE with NO spaces).

However, the Trouble-Shooter from the MS Exporer 'internet connection failure window' always says 'the key on the Orange router (Livebox) does not correspond with the key on my computer.' I've tried every combination of careful typing with no success hooking up to Livebox, but I can get onto other networks elsewhere. My last thought is that the differences in a French keyboard to English might be the issue?

I have also tried pressing the pairing button on the router - you don't have to hold it down for any period whilst you pair up or anything do you?

If you got round the problem, please let me know what the solution was for you.
    Thanks,
    Steve.

stevebasnett, Oct 16, 2009
  6. allhourrs

linpusreallyisbad

I have an Acer Aspire. When it had Linpus Lite installed, the networking stopped. The icon disappeared from the panel after an Update. The Network Manager opened up, but was grayed out. I worked with it for awhile. Then I got frustrated and just installed Linux Peppermint.

Now everything works. Wifi, cable modem, Youtube, even Skype works. Linpus was the problem. Not my handy little Acer.

linpusreallyisbad, Jan 2, 2012
Ask a Question