Why does your AAO hibernate and mine doesn't...?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by triggerbln, Mar 19, 2009.

1. triggerbln

triggerbln

Hey People,
    first i'd like to thank all of you for providing this outstanding wealth of support for running OSX on the AAO -- it has been a great help.

Please bear with me while i open yet another sleep thread, but i really do have a problem here. Also, i have quite some experience of running OSX on my Thinkpad X61 Tablet, so i'm not a noob not reading documentations or not knowing how to use the forum search.

The big question is: Pretty much everybody reports working hibernation (with or without the occasional KP when waking up) using iPC 10.5.6. I have installed twice now on my AAO 110L w/ the 8GB Samsung SSD, and can't seem to get hibernate working. I'm using AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext and the stock Powermanagement.bundle. Netbook KPs every time i try to go into hibernation, be it by the menu (Mode set to 1 by pmset -a...), or by Deep Sleep Widget.
    Also, i get the KP on shutdown on battery, which i "fixed" w/ a shutdown sound.

I removed the powermanagement kext, as well as the audio drivers (thinking they might be at fault for the hibernate issue as well), but to no avail. KP every time.

I remember someone speculating in another thread that we might be suffering from different chip versions here -- that would be very sad, the AAO is otherwise such a fine little hackbook...

For data, i'm using BIOS 3309, and i have about 1,75GB left on the disk w/o the sleepimage after i got rid of some programs i don't use.

I remember reading of two or three other people having this issue, maybe we could sort this out -- i would be very happy.

Best regards and TIA

Matthias

triggerbln, Mar 19, 2009
  2. triggerbln

dingo

Interestingly I am in exactly the same boat as you. I have done a few clean installs of iPC trying various things to get hbernate going and still no success. My AAO is running a 30GB Toshiba PATA drive replacing the SSD and I am also running BIOS 3309.

Others have told me the have the same configration (AAO110) and there's works. It has me stumped and would certainly like to hear if anyone has managed to get it going. The only variable I can think of other than different hardware (which seems unlikely) is that other used iPC prior to final release - maybe it's something in the final release version???

Any suggestions also welcomed.

Simon

dingo, Mar 20, 2009
  3. triggerbln

Gom33

quick question to you guys...

does your aao shut down all the way without you having to hold the power button when you are on osx?

this is the only issue i am having and do not know what to do. I click shutdown and it does not shut down all the way. Teh screen goes black but the power light is still on and I can still hear it being on, so i have to hold the power button to shut it down....

Gom33, Mar 20, 2009
  4. triggerbln

dingo

My shutdowns are clean but that sounds a lot like what happens if I try to go to sleep. What distro did you use for your install?

dingo, Mar 21, 2009
  5. triggerbln

Gom33

my sleep works fine, lol... or hibernate... im using ipc... but like i said, my shutdowns is my problem...

Gom33, Mar 23, 2009
  6. triggerbln

triggerbln

Hey Guys,
    thanks for participating -- sorry for getting back to you so late. I was on a vacation and didn't wanna spend any more time with computers..

I tried a new installation on a USB HD, works pretty much the same. One interesting detail is that the KP only happens w/ the graphics drivers from the big installation thread over at insanelymac.com...with the stock drivers, i get bad resolution, and a greyed out screen when i try to hibernate, but no KP. The grey screen can be "resolved" by pressing the power button and selecting cancel.

We bought another AAO in the meantime, A150L. Same installation method --> hibernate works like a charm.

I'm really at a loss as to what's going on here...i guess i'll end up selling my AAO on Ebay and getting a A150L, they're really cheap here in Germany at the moment.

If I find out anything new, i'll post here.

Regards
    Matthias

triggerbln, Mar 26, 2009
Ask a Question