Why different freebies?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by furparent, Jul 20, 2009.

1. furparent

furparent

Hi ,

I'm new here and new to the Acer Aspire one. I was just wondering why does the Aspire one come with different freebies? I mean like mine came with a free case/sleeve thing. My friend bought one but she didn't get anything free included in her box. And i've read that some people got a free mouse in matching color. So i was just wondering why the different freebies? Did the first batch come with a mouse , then they decided to be a bit cheaper and put a free sleeve in there instead and finally took all the freebies out? Or is it just luck what you get in the box?

I'm sorry if this question was already asked , i tried to find it on the forum but i didn't see it anywhere and like i said i'm new and i haven't had time to read everything yet ....

thanks for your help :)

furparent, Jul 20, 2009
  2. furparent

furparent

Wow lots of people are looking but no replies... :(

Is it cause no one know or no one care to post a reply cause it's been talked about before? If it has been talked about before could you please point me to the right thread so i can read it? :?:

furparent, Jul 20, 2009
  3. furparent

Video

My guess would be that their different model numbers. I got an AOA 150-1365, and it came with the mouse. Like the little optical mouse, but as I'm used to Notebook touchpads, I would have rather had a sleeve (I don't carry the mouse with me)

It's probably the same for the battery which I asked about, but still nobody replies, I'll probably have to get another 2200 battery cause I can't confirm weather the bigger battery will work or not.

The model changes I'm sure as new parts become available, or old ones become cheaper, so while it's sold as more or less the same computer (mines Aspire One) it can have differences in it.

That's just my guess though.

Video, Jul 20, 2009
  4. furparent

furparent

Thanks for your reply , i'm happy i got the sleeve ( my friend is kinda dissapointed she didn't get one) but the little mouse in pink would have been cute too . However i'm sure the sleeve is better for me anyway because i will use that a lot and i wouldn't be using the mouse at all since i like the touchpad.

I also wonder why they decided to remove the pink option for people who bought the 10 inch model ( i got the 8.9) , i really really like my pink aspire one :D

thanks again for your reply

furparent, Jul 20, 2009
  5. furparent

DutchDK

Different models comes with different freebees : AAO A110 came without any extras, A150 and D150 came with a black vinyl skin.

DutchDK, Jul 20, 2009
  6. furparent

donec

In a simple answer different AA1's even though some are the same model have different freebies do to dealer marketing decisions.

donec, Jul 21, 2009
  7. furparent

wozofoz

It is all a bit confusing, not just the 'extras' but even the specs. According to what is on the box, I bought an:
    Acer Aspire One AOA 150 - Bp
    Model NO. : ZG5
    P/N : LU.S450B.111
    Color : Coral Pink

The Review for ZG5 @ AspireOneUser says:
    12OGB HD, mine is 160GB HD
    3 USB ports, mine has only 2 USB ports
    3 cell battery, mine came with the 6 cell battery as standard

I bought mine in Malaysia so I guess that is the reason for slight differences but it's still strange that after all this time I have not been able to find one review for my exact model, I can't even dig up a 'for sale' site for it (Acer.com has no record) :?:
    Searching AOA 150 Bp ZG5 (and variations) gets the 120GB model, searching LU.S450B.111 gets no worthwhile results at all.

I only got the vinyl sleeve as an Acer extra but because I bought it from an actual shop, with a real salesperson, I got a free optical mouse and BlueTooth dongle included to 'seal the deal' :mrgreen:

All the best, woz of oz

wozofoz, Jul 21, 2009
  8. furparent

furparent

That's so weird :shock: i'm gonna compare mine agains the reviews to see if it's different too...( that look like a good site to read too , thanks for the link)

They're kinda like a box of cracker jack or a kinder surprise chocolat egg, you never know what you're gonna get when you buy one... Sure you get the standar treat but what will the prize inside be? who know!!! :lol: (i'm not sure if those are availabe in other country so if you don't know what i'm talking about look it up here http://www.crackerjack.com/home.htm and this is the chocolat eggs http://www.kindersurprise.com/home.html)

furparent, Jul 21, 2009
  9. furparent

donec

You should be able to call Acer give them your s/n and get a list of exactly what you should have with your particular AA1. Acer phone number is 866-695-2237 for U.S. customers.

donec, Jul 21, 2009
Ask a Question