Whole bunch of problems

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jojotomaz, Jul 6, 2009.

1. jojotomaz

jojotomaz

I think im going to throw my aspire one through a window in a minute if I cant get these problems fixed.

so if anyone can kindly help me please do.

Well first of all.
    When I use yum in terminal I always get reply

http://ayo.ie.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/8/i386/freshrpms/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno -3] Error performing checksum
    Trying other mirror.
    Error: failure: repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2 from freshrpms: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

seriously every time I try and download some thing in yum that happens.

Or if i try and use Add/Remove software it will just crash and I wont be able to close it. And it will be stuck on screen.

An sometimes the the whole laptop will randomly just crash. And I will have to turn it off holding the power button. But then im stuck with the aspire one blue screen at the beginning for 10 minutes.

When I try and install java it will just get stuck on the line that says preparing..... and then nothing will happen

And also live update wont work it will say can connect to something

Going though all this I just think i should throw the aspire one through the windows and get a eee pc.

But any answers or suggestions to help me with these problems will be deeply appreciated.

Please email me at [email protected]

and by the way I dont mean every aspire one its most likely just the linux models which are screwed up. As i seen on the web that many people have had the same problems iv had.

Any way any help is help thanks

jojotomaz, Jul 6, 2009
  2. jojotomaz

fweigel

Ok, from your yum issue, I can see that you have already successfully loaded software. For whatever reason, freshrpms repo isn't responding for you, which is causing your yum and Add/Remove programs problems.

ALT-F2 terminal, then "sudo mousepad /etc/yum.repos.d/freshrpms.repo"

Find the line "enabled=1" and change to "enabled=0".

Next, after power-off, WAIT A BIT. First, the OS will try to exit programs normally, but if they are "stuck" it will apply SEVERE measures. It gives each program a few seconds. So, after pressing the power switch, give it up to 30 seconds, BEFORE doing the "press it for 5 seconds" thing.

That should take care of your issues.

fweigel, Jul 9, 2009
Ask a Question