White screen, not switching off

Discussion in 'Linux' started by choogle, Mar 26, 2009.

1. choogle

choogle

A totally White Screen is currently showing on my Acer after I pressed the 'power off' button. I've already left it for a few hours, thinking that if the battery runs down that it will 'sort' itself. Anybody any ideas?

choogle, Mar 26, 2009
  2. choogle

choogle

Replying to my own post here. It seems that leaving the battery to run down has worked in this instance. Have plugged in charger after the Acer switched off after running out of power, switched on the machine and it looks like its working again...for now...

choogle, Mar 26, 2009
  3. choogle

mrtoothdecay

I just replaced the 10 inch screen on my Aspire One D150. I bought a screen on ebay that claims to be compatible with the D150. The install was easy, just remove the front panel, unscrew the screen, detach the cable, and install the new one. However, I am also having this white screen problem. When the computer is powered off there is a white screen. Everything works fine when the computer is on, but if you put it in standby mode or power it off the screen goes white. I double checked the cable attachment in the back and it is secure. Any ideas what else this could be?

OP: are you claiming that you solved this problem by letting the white screen drain your battery and it doesn't happen anymore after recharging your battery?

Any help would be great.

mrtoothdecay, Jan 17, 2010
  4. choogle

choogle

Did reply to question earlier today, but not showing here for some reason...

What I now find myself doing whenever I get the 'white screen, not switching off' scenario is unclip the battery for 30 secs or so, and then re-attach. Sometimes there is an issue when you switch on the netbook again (with it taking slightly longer to boot-up), but I've found this method has worked a lot quicker than letting the battery drain.

The principal cause for the 'white screen...' effect that I've sussed is that it happens when I haven't closed down all browser windows before switching off.

Hope this helps

choogle, Jan 18, 2010
Ask a Question