Which was your favourite version of Windows?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rootle, Jul 28, 2016.

1. rootle

rootle

Mine was probably Windows 7. I was going though a video of different Windows versions and was reminded of how much I preferred Windows 7 to 8 or 10. The graphic style, the startup sound and everything about makes me feel nostalgic even though it has only been a few years since I stopped using it.

rootle, Jul 28, 2016
  2. rootle

Fuzyon

Windows 7 for me as well, it was a huge step up from Windows XP and the mess that Windows Vista was, 7 was like a breath of fresh air with a lot of new features and a stable OS. I like it better than Windows 10 in a lot of aspects but the stability of 10 and UI is enough to make it irreplaceable for me.

Fuzyon, Jul 28, 2016
  3. rootle

Corzhens

Don't laugh but my favorite OS of Windows is the XP. In fact, our home desktop is still running on Windows XP although we have plans to buy a new computer (more likely it would be a laptop). For me, XP is simpler to use and I am spared of complications. My laptop is running on Windows 7 and I am just fine with it although I feel more comfortable with the XP. There is word in the office that we would soon be shifting to Windows 10. It gives me the shivers.

Corzhens, Jul 31, 2016
  4. rootle

obliviousme

I love Windows 7 as well. The OS is very stable and it eliminated the bugs and flaws from its predecessors. The user interface was simple and straightforward but looks nice and decent enough.

obliviousme, Aug 1, 2016
  5. rootle

rootle

That's not embarrassing at all. Windows XP was a very good OS, I used to think I would never get used to another one after using it. It might be my second favorite after Windows 7. Windows 7 was like Windows XP but it made everything look a little more modern and made things a little easier to use. I wouldn't switch to Windows 10 if I were you, although eventually everyone has to.

rootle, Aug 1, 2016
    Corzhens likes this.
  6. rootle

Ian Administrator

Windows 7 was probably my favorite - it just worked so well and feels modern even today. However, XP was such a game-changer that it comes a close second - it was so much more reliable than 95/98/ME :).

Ian, Aug 1, 2016
  7. rootle

Corzhens

You are right with Windows 7 being a favorite now. I have been using it for 2 years so I am used to Windows 7 now. Come to think of it, I seldom use our home desktop so I guess I would not be comfortable anymore with the Windows XP. But when we do that purchase of a new laptop, I don't think that old desktop will still be around. More likely it will be relegated to the storage area to give the laptop some space in the computer table.

Corzhens, Aug 3, 2016
  8. rootle

SirJoe

One more for windows 7. It probably was their best operating systems. It was a good follow up to another very good operating system windows XP. All the other operating systems that they launched before or after these two never had the same impact that these two did nor the acceptance by the general public these two did. Windows 7 is still the most used operating system in the world, and windows 10 was only able to outrank windows XP recently.

SirJoe, Aug 6, 2016
Ask a Question