Which version of NetBookBootmaker for D250? *SOLVED*

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by TonyMontana, Dec 16, 2009.

1. TonyMontana

TonyMontana

Unfortunately sleep and the internal mic are the last remaining services I need as well. NBI and NBM are made for the Dell mini's. Since we have similar hardware "most" things work. I have tried a few different kext as well for the internal mic issue. I don't have a clue as to where to start on the sleep issue. Did you replace your wifi card? If so which one did you end up going with? I'm using a Broadcom 1510 a/b/g/n.

TonyMontana, Dec 28, 2009
  2. TonyMontana

velayo

Guys I have a working kext for the mic. I have been playing with my kexts to enable sleep so I need to find which one it is. I will post sometime today or tomorrow.

velayo, Dec 29, 2009
  3. TonyMontana

TonyMontana

Great news Velayo. Looking forward to it!

TonyMontana, Dec 29, 2009
  4. TonyMontana

Stefx82

Excellent news Velayo for the internal mic ! Thanks in advance.

I am pretty busy theses days but tomorrow I should get some time to make some more research about sleep.

Stefx82, Dec 29, 2009
  5. TonyMontana

joselette

I'm planning on install OSX as well, at the moment I've got w7, how did you manage to config the triple-boot?

Thanks

joselette, Dec 29, 2009
  6. TonyMontana

Stefx82

[quote="TonyMontana"... Did you replace your wifi card? If so which one did you end up going with? I'm using a Broadcom 1510 a/b/g/n.[/quote]

I did not replace the wifi card.
    My AOD250-1dk (LU.S670D.149) was shipped with an internal Atheros chipset wifi card that works natively with NBM/NBI.

Stefx82, Dec 29, 2009
  7. TonyMontana

TonyMontana

I did not replace the wifi card.
    My AOD250-1dk (LU.S670D.149) was shipped with an internal Atheros chipset wifi card that works natively with NBM/NBI.[/quote]
    You know I didn't even try the Atheros card. Everyone on this forum kept saying it didn't work under Mac Osx. What version of NMB/NBI did you use?

TonyMontana, Dec 29, 2009
  8. TonyMontana

Stefx82

I used NBM/NBI version 0.8.3 (alpha) uploaded on 25th dec here : http://code.google.com/p/netbook-instal ... p&can=2&q=

Here is a extract of system information on 10.6.2 :
    en0 :
    Type de carte : AirPort Extreme (0x168C, 0xE01F)
    Version du programme interne : Atheros 9280: 2.1.8.10

At the end of snow leopard install (via NBM), airport was running out of the box and I was able to make the update to 10.6.2 through wifi even before launching NBI.

Note that I did not install the Apple update for "Airport Client 2009-002 version 1,0" as wifi is working fine without it.

Stefx82, Dec 29, 2009
  9. TonyMontana

Stefx82

Audio In now works with a new voodooHDA kext file.
    See following post :
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18990&p=108406&hilit=mic+in#p108406

I installed the kext available from this post and made a quick test with a sound recorder. The internal mic works.
    I did not test the jack mic input.

No news on the sleep/hibernate issue...

Is hyperthreading working with our NBM/NBI setup?

Stefx82, Dec 30, 2009
  10. TonyMontana

SomniusX

Going to check it out!

SomniusX, Dec 30, 2009
  11. TonyMontana

velayo

Sorry for the double post!

velayo, Dec 30, 2009
  12. TonyMontana

velayo

Came a little too late, but here is the link to the working kext and preferences pane. Once you install both go to preferences and slide the mic button up to get it to pick up sounds. Check if it is working by going back to your sound settings and cheking that the in level is moving with sound. That is it.

I do have a question to ask. On my 250 the battery icon is not working. Its either no icon on the menubar or an icon with an x inside. I have traced this error to the dsdt.aml file created by Netbook Installer.

Does anybody else has this issue, if you don't could you share your dsdt file? I'm trying to fix the hibernation issue as I was perfectly hibernating the 250 with leopard 10.5.8. Waking up from hibernation is down to less than 30 seconds. I can wake up from hibernation so far but it will restart immediately after.

The funny thing is that if I delete my dsdt file and leave it empty my computer will restart right away and enter and enless restar loop. Just as it does when I hibernate it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e2da ... 0c2f906379

velayo, Dec 30, 2009
  13. TonyMontana

Stefx82

- For audio In, I tested the kext you provide but i do not work for me. Strange... I have to use the one I referenced before.
    The voodoohda prefpanel app you sent works with the kext I posted before.

- My battery icon is working fine. Looks like we do not have the same hardware or setup. I have a D250-1dk and a 6-cell battery I think.
    My setup is based on NBI 0.8.3 (last release). I do not use voodooBattery.kext.
    I think I do not have a software generated dsdt file. I have read that NBI 0.8.3 do not generate a dsdt. What is supposed to be the path to the NBI-generated dsdt ?

- DSDT file is certainly the key to our sleep/hibernate issue. Unfortunately I can not help on that field for now. I do not event know the path to the dsdt file when you have one... I have read posts of people using NBI 0.8.2 to generate a dsdt file and then using NBI 0.8.3 for the general extensions. This is supposed to fix sleep issue on some hardware... I tried it without success. Instead of a reboot when entering sleep mode the netbook seems to go to sleep but never wakes up until manual power shutdown and restart.

I temporary use InsomniaX to prevent the netbook to enter in sleep mode (and thus reboot) when i close the lid...

Stefx82, Dec 31, 2009
Ask a Question