which upgradable laptop?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by solquest, Nov 2, 2021.

1. solquest

solquest

Hey there.

I've always used work laptop also for personal use, but now I've gone in a more 'serious' company, so I'm going to look for buying a laptop (with windows) for my personal use.
    I won't need anything special, as use will be only for browsing, ms office, torrent, watching streaming and movies.
    So no gaming or video/graphic editing and touchscreen is not needed and even if I'll probably use it only from home, I'm looking for a laptop for moving it around the different rooms.
    Given that I won't need the best performances, I was looking for a computer that last me as much as possible, so I was thinking to get an upgradable (at least battery, ram and ssd) one.

Any suggestion?
    Thanks.

solquest, Nov 2, 2021
  2. solquest

madmaxnightrider

What is your Budget? If your Budget it around $1000 then I would suggest the Asus Tuf Gaming Laptop with 17 inch Screen. It can handle everything you need it to do & has a Thunderbolt Port as well. This is the Laptop I will be getting soon for some light gaming, Downloading, Watching Movies & Browsing Web. This is just a Recommendation. Also the LG Gram with the Thunderbolt Port is very nice but more expensive. It will be much Lighter but not as good graphics as the Asus Tuf Gaming. Both these Laptops are very Upgradeable if you want to make it them faster, have better graphics or bigger HD.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-IPS-Typ...s&sprefix=17+asus+tuf,electronics,383&sr=1-18

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08639TPPJ?tag=notebookche0f-20&linkCode=osi&th=1

madmaxnightrider, Nov 2, 2021
  3. solquest

solquest

Thanks.
    Budget is not a real issue, but seen I won't use for nothing special I am not expecting to spend too much..
    I have a look on those two, thanks.
    And should I consider also clevo laptops?

solquest, Nov 2, 2021
  4. solquest

Shweta Singh

Upgradable Laptops for 2021-

• Lenovo Ideapad 130.

• Lenovo IdeaPad

• Asus Vivobook 15 X505ZA

• Dell Vostro 15 3583

• Avita Liber V14

• HP 14 (2021) 11 Gen Core i3 Laptop

• MarQ Falkon Aerbook Core i5 8th Gen.

• Asus Vivobook M509DA Quad Core.

• LG Gram

Shweta Singh, Dec 9, 2021
  5. solquest

soahilabbas

This is the Laptop I will be getting soon for some light gaming, Downloading, Watching Movies & Browsing Web. This is just a Recommendation. Also the LG Gram with the Thunderbolt Port is very nice but more expensive. It will be much Lighter but not as good graphics as the Asus Tuf Gaming. i Also Recommend You buy best gaming laptop Both these Laptops are very Upgradeable if you want to make it them faster, have better graphics or bigger HD.

soahilabbas, Jan 5, 2022
  6. solquest

Hardweird

It depends on upgrades tou have plans for later on.

Example, i5-1135G7 CPU is not currently offered, and has been replaced by i5-11300H and i5-11320H which are a wee bump for gamers. Though the wee bump does not make much difference for many average users. The big difference is the later CPU eats battery, does not have full Thunderbolt 4.0 capability and has only 4 MPCI-e lanes, while the early 11th gen has 16 lanes, which allows for more upgrades as long as manufacturer allows in design.

To find an i5-11e5G7 in a modern laptop, that is at a decent price may be difficult now. As they were mostly built around Sept 2020, and quickly ended in January 2021. If one can be had, there is a good chance of dual m2 ports (some that are harder to find, have both full sized) and with 10 hours of battery time. Though going with gamer NVME sticks will cut down on battery power. Reviews show Samsung 950 pro is an excellent performer without taking a hit on battery.

DELL Business laptops are tops for early 11th gen i5. I have not checked, but it is possible some early i5 CPUs are still being used in Buisness laptops.

Because many thin and lightweight laptops and 2 in 1 are half plastic, mostly on the bottom cover, cracking and warpage from heat can be problem.

Beware, since 2020 many laptops have soldered ram, which cannot be upgraded.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
    Hardweird, Feb 6, 2022
  7. solquest

emma.jackfsd

Normally, there are three things you can overhaul on a PC: the RAM memory, the hard drive, and the video/sound cards. This articles portrays the general advances you'll have to take to overhaul a PC, however in the event that you stall out, you'll need to check with your PC maker's documentation.

emma.jackfsd, May 24, 2022
Ask a Question