Which software will you install on XP?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by B3n3v3nt3, Jun 28, 2008.

1. B3n3v3nt3

B3n3v3nt3

I've been thinking already on which software to install, and here they are:

Web browser: Firefox 3
    IM: Digsby
    Office: Open Office
    Firewall: Comodo Firewall Pro
    Antivirus and Antispyware: AVG Free 8.0
    Video player: VLC
    Audio player: Foobar 2000
    Zip/Unzip: Izarc
    Torrent: utorrent

But especially, PowerISO, Daemon Tools or similars, as the Aspire One doesn't come with a cd/dvd drive and these softwares enable to mount images into a virtual drive.

What about you?

B3n3v3nt3, Jun 28, 2008
  2. B3n3v3nt3

sembunyi

hmmm..... i agree with some of your choices to install. but for my case i'm more interested in using the portable software. since most probably once it's out, i'll get the one with SSD.

sembunyi, Jul 2, 2008
  3. B3n3v3nt3

lotus49

I take it that you are talking about U3 style portable apps. I don't know how Windows will handle the SDHC card but in Linux (which I intend to use) it will just be part of the file system so there won't be any need to use special apps.

Don't forget that there will be two card readers. I intend to stick my 16GB SDHC card into the SDHC slot and leave it there more or less permanently. If I need removable media (and I am sure I shall), I'll use the other slot.

Also, if you are intending to use XP (rather than the giant bloated hog that is Vista) I would have thought that 8GB for the system partition and a fair few apps would be plenty.

lotus49, Jul 2, 2008
Ask a Question