Which one to choose from these 3 laptops offer?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by BrecMadak, Apr 21, 2024.

1. BrecMadak

BrecMadak

Greetings folks,

I need a replacement for my laptop primarily for my work, as a medical illustrator. I work with very large Photoshop files (easily reach over +1,5 GB with +50 layers) and usually have +50 tabs open at any given time.

There is a specific retailer where I have to redeem my credits, and I’d love to take your opinions as far as CPU performance is concerned. I am in between these three choices:

Asus ROG Strix SCAR 17 — €2,799 — Ryzen 9 7945HX

MSI Raider GE78 — €3,071 — i9 14900HX

MSI Vector GP78 — €3,399 — i9 13950HX

However, the build quality of Asus is mid whilst the MSIs have high-end build quality.

Now, to my understanding and of all the research I've done, PS mostly utilises processors with fewer cores but higher processor frequency. Such a case with Rhyzen having a higher base clock speed (2.5 GHz vs1.6 GHz vs 2.2 GHz) than its Intel competitors. Apart from that, Rhyzen beats Intel on most multi-core tests, however, it stays behind on single cores. And as far as I know, PS favours running on mostly single-core.

I appreciate comments helping me choose a cost-efficient option that serves my needs as future-proof.

Thank you for your attention.

BrecMadak, Apr 21, 2024
  2. BrecMadak

jekexp

Hi! For your needs as a medical illustrator working with large Photoshop files and multiple tabs, the Asus ROG Strix SCAR 17 with the Ryzen 9 7945HX is the best option. Despite having a lower single-core performance compared to the Intel CPUs, the Ryzen 9's higher base clock speed and excellent multi-core performance will handle the heavy multitasking and large file processing more efficiently. While the build quality of the MSIs is superior, the Asus offers better cost efficiency and sufficient power for your work requirements, making it a future-proof choice.

jekexp, Jul 3, 2024
Ask a Question